Chapter 11 The Market

Monster cores, in the Dou Qi Mainland, they are also known as Magic Crystals

Monster cores, in the Dou Qi Mainland, they are also known as Magic Crystals. The Monster Core is the energy nuclei within a magic monster. The monster core is filled with extremely violent world energy. When facing this kind of violent world energy, even a Dou Wang wouldn't risk absorbing a monster core.

Even though Monster cores cannot be absorbed directly, it is a core ingredient in alchemy. A monster core that goes through an Alchemist's' refining can be infused with some herbs to become desirable and expensive pills that can increases one's strength.

Furthermore, monster cores can be placed on weapons. The weapon that has been fused with a monster core does not only have increased destructive power, it can also have special Dou Qi effects, and becomes a highly sought after commodity in the Dou Qi Mainland.

Besides weapons, Monster Cores can also be added to armors and defensive equipment. The defensive equipment that have Monster Cores have an extreme defense and give their users an extra safety net when they're in danger.

With that many uses, monster cores are naturally the most sought after items within the Dou Qi Mainland. Not only Dou Zhes but even respectable Alchemists search in person for high level monster cores in order to create higher quality level pills.

Under such demand, the supply for monster cores on the mainland is always unable to meet the demand from the buyers, thus whenever a high level core appears in any auction or other setting, it was bought immediately at a high price.

Because of the high value of monster cores, many mercenary groups specialize in killing magic monsters for a living but getting a monster core is not a simple task.

First, magic monsters are not only extremely strong but also very cunning. Because of their devious nature and special attacking methods, magical beasts can be much stronger than humans of the same rank. Hence, without outstanding power of your own, trying to kill a magical beast on your own is impossible and may possibly lose your life without getting a magical core.

Even if you do kill a magic beast, not all magical beasts possess a magic core, the probability of a magical beast having a core is almost random so a mercenary group could have half of their force killed trying to kill a magic monster and yet not find a core. These kinds of incidents happen all the time in Dou Qi Mainland...

Thus the price of monster cores in Dou Qi Mainland are all very expensive.

......

Bringing Xun Er through twisting alleys, Xiao Yan finally arrives at a market that's slightly south in the city. In Wu Tang city there are a few medium sized markets and all of them are controlled by one of the three clans. The market Xiao Yan is going in is under Xiao clan's control.

Even though it's under Xiao clan's control, Xiao Clan is actually only maintaining order and safety in the market. And for compensation, be it mercenaries or merchants who set up stalls, they have to pay taxes to the clan, this is the rule of Dou Qi Mainland for a long time and rarely anybody would try to go against it.