9. Gone Part 2

* based off of Katrina Stuart's song "Gone" *

1 month later

y/nusername reactivated instagram

samgolbach, ynlover, katrinastuart and 82,521 others liked

y/nusername: dear colby, remember that off guard picture i took of you and you told me not to post it because you "looked bad"? yeah, well here it is. happy birthday, babe! i miss you. i miss you more than anything. i'm still so sorry that this tragedy has happened to you. when you were taken from this earth, a part of me went with you. my heart hurts and so does my soul. you were the best thing that ever happened to me and now you're an angel in heaven. 😞♥️ please keep this beautiful and amazing smile on your face at all times, my love. we will be together soon.

4,573 comments

tarayummyy: um, y/n what do you mean by that last part?

katrinastuart: yeah, i agree with @tarayummyy, i'm sure shes just saying an in general thing but still..

ynlover: i'm so sorry for your loss bb :( we all miss him! i'm always hear for you!

sncfan: :( we all miss him. i love you! happy birthday colby🙁💔

-

With it being Colbys birthday, I found it extremely hard to do anything but I still wanted to celebrate it as if he were here. I invited everybody over to have a dinner and set off balloons for him. When I finally rolled out of bed, I took a shower and got dressed.

Your outfit

Your hair

When I finished getting ready, my mom and I went to the store to get everything we need for the food and even the balloons

When I finished getting ready, my mom and I went to the store to get everything we need for the food and even the balloons. "Hey, y/n. Did you want to bake a cake or cupcakes or something?" My mom asked walking passed the bake aisle. I thought about it for a little bit, and nodded. "Yeah, I should bake a cake for him." We went down the aisle and I picked (you choose flavor). "That should be it." I say, and we walked over to the cash register and pay.

As my mom and I finished cooking, everybody started arriving. I gave everybody a hug and they all sat in the living room. "Y/n, can I talk to you real quick?" Sam asked, he was kind of hesitant. I looked over to Kat, and she nodded at me. "Yeah, sure. We will be right back, mom." She nodded and everyone helped her finished. We stepped outside and just looked at each other. Before either one of us could say anything, we bursted into tears. "Sam I am so so so incredibly sorry." I said into his shoulder. He shook his head and pulled away, "Y/n it isn't your fault. I'm sorry to say this, but your dad is a piece of shit. He is the one who deserves to be dead. Not my best friend or your boyfriend." The both of us began to cry again. Ever since finding out the news, sam and I haven't really been able to sit down and talk about it. "I miss him so much." I said, and hugged him again. "Me too." We cried for a little longer then wiped our tears away, we went back inside to see everyone sitting at the table. I could already tell we looked like we were crying, but nobody said a word.

After dinner, we all grabbed a balloon and went out to the balcony. There was a moment of silence for him, and I broke it. "Colby, baby where ever you are. These balloons are for you. Happy 23rd birthday, my love. I miss you more than anything. You guys want to say something before we let go?" They all nodded. "Colby, you were my first and only friend growing up. It sucks so bad that you're gone because I miss you and moving forward is so difficult without you by my side. Wherever you are, please be watching down on all of us and keeping us safe." Sam said, and began to cry again. Then Jake spoke, then Corey, then Mike, Kevin, Aryia, Griffin, Kat, Tara, Devyn, Reggie, Elton and Cassie. Lastly, my mom went. Her words really made me break down. "Colby, if you're listening, I want you to know that you were an amazing guy for my daughter. My ex husband may not have accepted you, but I knew deep down that your intentions were good. I'm so sorry for what he did to you. I hope you rest in peace. Your smile was so bright and I hope you keep that smile forever!" We wrote some messages on our balloons for him, and with one more moment of silence, we let them go. "Happy birthday, Colby!!" We all yelled and went back inside to clean up. "Thank you all for coming, I really really appreciate it." I said, hugging them all. "I wouldn't be able to do it alone."

As everybody left and went home, I was  sitting there thinking about all the good times you and colby had. I reminisced and looked through all our pictures together and even read old texts. Missing him was hurting me deep down inside, but I knew he would be watching over me no matter what.

xepherwolf, tarayummyy and 72,325 others liked

y/nusername: your wings were ready, but my heart was not. 💔☹  i miss you!

Comments have been disabled