CHAPTER FIVE

The evening swept in as Cami and I sat in my bed, savoring the last couple pieces of barbecue chips in our bowl to one of our favorite shows we would always watch together. "Baby Daddy". The show was full of heated drama and juicy comedy. We had been binge watching the show for over a week now and right when we were about to start the next episode, Chase bursted through our door.

"Chase, what the hell are you doing here at this hour?"

"It's only 6:00."

"So..?"

Chase took a seat at my computer desk and told me and Cami to give him our best undivided attention.

"Come to the girl's lounge."

"Why?"

"Yeah why?" Cami scuffed her boots against the floor after slipping them on.

"Because...Drake Bell is here!" Chase said raising an eyebrow and smirking.

"No way!"

"Yeah way."

"Oh my God! Cat lets go get us some Drake Bell!" Cami bursted, running over to the doorway.

We followed Chase to the lounge with the purple couch covered in assorted colored polka dots. But it was so dark and quiet and no lights were on. Only the sounds of distant traffic filled the room, and the sounds of the water moving through pipes along with the air conditioning system which happened to kick on, making me, and Cami jump suddenly. I tried to locate a light switch. My hands fumbled for it as the crawled up the wall near doorways when I accidentally bumped into something. More like someone because they let out the loudest screech ever. Whoever it was, made me scream as well and jump yet again. I finally located a light switch and turned it on.

"Surprise!"

A crowd of people jumped out from everywhere. Including who I must've stepped on or bumped into. Disco lights started spinning throughout the room, lighting it up with all its glory. Right before me, the person I bumped into apparently twice stood.

"How many times am I gonna get slammed into today? Do you mind?" He snapped at me.

"Logan, this is Cataleya and her sister Cami." Chase suddenly blurted, coming up from behind me.

"Wait what? Come again?"

"This is Cataleya an-"

"Yeah yeah I heard you but...this is the girl who you said was your other best friend?"

"Yeah, the one I talked about when I first came here too. Her and Camila are both like my sisters."

"So this is Logan. I knew it!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah I'm Logan, and you're you. So what."

"I just had a feeling you were who I bumped into. You know, accidents happen. The least you could do is apologize for being such an ass earlier."

"Wow, beautiful and feisty. Any other superpowers I should know about?" Logan grinned.

"They're not superpowers. They're words." I snapped at him.

"Okay guys, this was supposed to be a welcoming party for Cat and Cami."

"Where's Drake?" I asked Chase, who stuffed a handful of chips into his mouth.

"Uh...I lied."

"So he's not here?"

"I said it to get you guys to come down here for the surprise."

"You are so NOT forgiven!" I shouted and walked away.

"Let's party!" Some guy shouted in the crowd.