CHAPTER ELEVEN

September 19, 2020

The 22nd was rolling in so quick. Me and Cami's birthday was only three days away. I had three days to figure out what to get her. Hopefully she was gonna get me something, considering we haven't been getting along as much as we used to since summer. We were set to leave for the weekend which would be after Thursday. Perfect timing right? Our birthday fell right before Friday. Which would be the day we were leaving for the weekend. I was on my phone browsing through a car site when Cami asked me what dress she should wear for our big day.

"Why are we dressing up? Like you said, we're grown up now, things aren't gonna be the same."

"Cuz I'm debating pink or this purple violet dress."

"Go with the violet, I have dibs on pink little sis."

"Bitch please, I'm only five minutes younger than you. Let it slide."

"Five point three minutes, to be exact."

"Whatever." She hissed.

"You know, you didn't really answer my question."

"I wasn't aware that I had to." Cami smirked.

I ignored her comment and continued doing what I did on my phone. All I can say is that she was gonna love what I was getting her for this birthday. More like what is was giving.

I checked the time and realized my alarm for getting ready for work was gonna go off in a couple minutes. Fuck, must I go to work today? I just wanna lay in bed and forget about everything. Maybe drift off to a sweeter place where no one could find my deepest secrets or thoughts. Somewhere heavenly. I do like teaching young kids to dance though.

Dancing was always my passion. Ever since I saw Another Cinderella Story with Selena Gomez and Drew Seeley when I was five, I started attempting to copy their dance moves, tried forming moves of my own, and eventually I became quite a prodigy. Ma then put me in dance class when I turned six and since then, I never quit dancing. I'd make dance videos on TikTok and always dance to music in the bedroom. It was pretty open spaced even though Cami and I were sharing it.

one hour later at work

"Ms. García, what are we learning today?" One of my students, Andrea, asked me.

Andrea was ten years old, and absolutely adored doing the waltz. Her parents had started teaching her when she was just five years old to dance. They were both high paid dancers who starred in plays when they were teenagers and all throughout their younger to middle aged adulthood. Andrea was one of my favorite students. She seemed very persistent and passionate about dancing. I know they say you shouldn't pick favorites, but this sorta thing just happens over time. I couldn't help it.

"I've decided to spice things up a bit by teaching you guys how to do a little something I call "the swan dance".

"What's that?" Some of the children asked in curiosity.

All their eyes glued on me.

"The Swan Dance is a dance routine I've been working on to show you guys so you could do it too. But you must practice every day."

The children agreed with me and listened eagerly to hear what I was going to explain.

"So first, you take your left foot, and do this."

I crossed my left foot to my right and glided through the air almost like a ballerina. When I landed on my feet, I was now standing five feet away from where I was originally standing. The kids gazed in awe at the moves I was putting out.