16

narration

haewon wasn't as bad as people thinks she is. she is the nicest person eunwoo has met aside from jinae that's why he can't treat her bad even if he really didn't like the idea of marrying her. she's too nice for him to be mean to her.

"i'd be staying a week longer here, haewon. jinae's parents would be out of town." that's what eunwoo told haewon.

she was too curious, and was also worried. what could have happened to jinae why eunwoo can't leave her?

she prepared two baskets of fruit, and newly cooked soup that would be a good serving for five. she prepared that much thinking eunwoo might not be the only one staying there as jinae's guardian.

she closed all windows and locked all doors. turned off all the lights and left their house before going to the hospital. it was 10 o'clock in the evening, going after her day's work.

LEE JINAE

she read written on the door. she knocked twice and entered quietly.

"is she sleeping?" she thought.

"eunwoo? you should go home. you've been staying here for days. your parents must be worried about you." haewon heard a lady say.

she don't know much about his friends. she only knew their names but she has no idea how they all looked like.

"hana, don't worry. i've told them about jinae's condition. they agreed with me to stay here, with her. especially now jinae's parents are on a trip out of town." calmly, eunwoo said.

haewon softly walked towards them. she didn't know how to get their attention nor greet them. luckily, hana looked at her direction when she noticed something moving.

"oh, good evening." hana greeted and bowed, "you are?"

haewon suddenly felt her nervousness eating her whole. how would she introduce herself? did eunwoo tell them about her at least? they are close friends. if eunwoo trusts them, he would tell them.

eunwoo looked at her direction. he was obviously surprised to see her there.

"how did she know this was the place?" he thought but he remembered, he told her the hospital's name. he knew haewon would be worried and so he informed her still on these things.

he still thinks about her that's why a small percent of hope grows on haewon.

"haewon?" he murmured. he rushed to her and almost pulled her out if the room before whispering, "what are you doing here?"

"i was visiting you."

"i'm not the patient, haewon. why would you go here for me?" he looked back at hana and smiled, "we'll talk outside for a minute."

he carefully dragged her out of the room. his eyes scanned haewon and his brows slightly furrowed. "what are these things?"

"i brought fruits, and here." she raised her right hand showing him a thermal food container, "i brought you soup. this is still warm. you should have them now. do not wait for it to get cold."

"why would you bring me these things?"

"you're in a hospital, eunwoo. you won't get much food here. and most of the time they would provide food for the patient and not for the guardian."

"you don't need to worry about me. i'm fine. i'm not sick."

his voice... they may sound calm, but it was obviously dominating. he sounded serious and strict. his eyes do the same.

haewon sighed and brought her hand down, and escaped from eunwoo's grip.

"i knew jinae, too, eunwoo. we met like twice? she's a nice girl. i'm worried about her, too." she put her things down beside the door and faced him, "you never told me in detail what happened to her."

eunwoo closed his eyes and sighed. he looked seriously tired. after his class, he goes straight to hospital. does he get enough rest?

but haewon wasn't lying. she's worried for the two, not only for eunwoo.

she wanted to hug him. she wanted to kiss him. she wanted to feed him. she wanted to watch him sleep to make sure he'll get a good rest.

these things she was never able to do for him because he doesn't let her to.

now she wants and needs to be someone he can rely on, she didn't show how much he needs him.

"haewon, just... you din't need to know what exactly happened to her. i just need to stay here and see jinae's alright then i will be alright. don't need to worry about me. look at me." he stretched his arms out and showed haewon himself, "i'm completely okay. jinae is the one who needs help and that's why i am here. you know that."

he out his hands on his shoulders and lowered himself a bit, making they eyes on the same level. "you should go home. it's midnight soon. you have work tomorrow. i know how fail alarm clocks are in waking you up. i'll try to call you and -"

"you don't need to do that. you weren't there for months -- well two months now -- to wake me up. i can do it on my own."

eunwoo faintly smiled and caressed her hair dearly.

these gestures, it hurts haewon that she could feel a bit of affection from eunwoo every time he does it.

without speaking of any other words, eunwoo left haewon alone outside the room. even leaving those food haewon brought them.

she stared at it. it was so stupid of her to bring herself to visit them when eunwoo disn't really want her to. jinae would be happy to see her again though, haewon's sure if that. unfortunately, she was sleeping so eunwoo was able to push her away.

flashback

"you sure it'll be alright to meet jinae?" haewon asked eunwoo nervously.

haewon and eunwoo were waiting inside a café for jinae whom eunwoo invited for a quick chat. eunwoo was mesmerized from jinae's beauty and so he told haewon about it, not thinking about how haewon would feel.

is he really clueless about haewon's feelings towards him?

the wind chimes sounded as the door opened. haewon and eunwoo looked at the door's direction and soon, eunwoo whispered.

"that's her. she's jinae. isn't she pretty?"

haewon couldn't agree more. she's a woman who appreciates her fellow women's beauty.

end of flashback

haewon remembered how she and jinae met for the first time. she also remembered how much he hurt her, showing how much he adored jinae.

*****

thank you for all the votes!
and sorry for those grammatical and typographical errors😊😅

- lovingseoul ~