32

narration

"don't let that kid, yuna, take eunwoo away from you. this is your chance, my dear."

- eunwoo's mother sent a text to haewon.

"you sure this is going to be alright?" eunwoo asked haewon again. and for the nth time, she told him things are going to be alright.

"you just need to follow my instructions, no other things need to be done and you'll be good." haewon said.

"noona, this is really exciting! thank you for inviting us." one of the students, named chanwoo, said.

"no, thank you for your help." haewon said and smiled at them. but there was yuna at the back, glaring at her. eunwoo chose to sit beside haewon and told everyone to take the back seats.

they stopped by the venue the company has rented for the photoshoot.

"let yourselves get comfortable first. will explain everything in a while. understood?" haewon asked and the students nodded.

haewon turned her back, walking towards her team but eunwoo followed behind her.

"so today i'm going to see how you work?"

"yes, you will." haewon said.

eunwoo smiled and said, "finally."

"finally?"

"of course. we've been hiding our relationship before so i did not have the chance to explore your work."

"eunwoo, we did not have a relationship."

"we were engaged." eunwoo said.

"we were. but that wasn't something i could call a relationship. don't even know if we did something i could say we were in a relationship."

"we were living together, wasn't that enough?" eunwoo asked.

"now you remember things. maybe i should make you remember how i actually lived with you?" haewon asked. she didn't mean to be harsh. but that was the truth.

eunwoo was a little surprised. he didn't expect her to talk like that.

"h-hey. i'm sorry. i didn't intentionally want to -"

"no. you were right."

"hey, eunwoo."

"no, don't worry. just need to go back to my friends." eunwoo said.

now haewon regrets what she had told him as she watched him walked away from her.

the same pain comes back. the pain she had felt every time eunwoo leaves her for jinae, every time eunwoo makes her feel the only one he loves is jinae.

can she ever have a conversation with him that she wouldn't be hurting him with her knowing?"