25

narration

haewon walked down the street in a normal speed. she wanted to go home but at the same time, it seems like she never liked home anymore.

it was where she used to be happy.

it was where she used to be with him.

it was where she used to be excited to go to.

who would have thought she'll feel uncomfortable going there. the place is all hers now.

"no need to worry, sweetie. you can stay in the house. you spent money for the house. you can do anything with it. it is all yours, now. eunwoo won't come back anymore of you don't want him to."

but it has been months now since the time it became official that the engagement has been called off, yet haewon still visits his room. just by staying in his room made her feel better.

he may not be physically there, but she still thinks and feel better especially on days she feels really exhausted.

she stopped on her tracks, seeing the lights were on.

does she need to feel nervous, excited, or worried?

what?

who could actually be inside their house?

if it was eunwoo, her emotions will be totally mixed.

glad to see him back and he's fine.

worried he might already be packing and be taking his things back. the house would be empty.

be angry for he did not say a thin since then.

she stayed outside their house for a few minutes as she stared at their house.

"shall i go in now or wait until he leaves?"

then she heard glasses shattering.

she rushed inside the house, worrying what could have happened.

she ran to the kitchen where she saw eunwoo's silhouette was.

there, she saw him sweeping the glass chips off from the floor. all the lights were switched on. the sink was full of cutlery and a few food pan and bowls.

eunwoo looked at her and smiled, "i thought you were not anymore coming back."

but haewon didn't respond to that and instead, she said "perhaps, you were... cooking?"

eunwoo smiled and continued cleaning up his mess. "yes, i was. i thought you might be starving yourself. i saw your fridge was empty and so -"

"i've been buying my dinner lately so i haven't bought much groceries." she said cutting him off.

"really? you've always wanted home-cooked foods."

"well, things change and i don't have time to cook anymore."

eunwoo had put away the broken pieces of glass and washed his hands clean.

"you cooked everything?" haewon asked and eunwoo nodded.

haewon watched his back as he remained at the sink. she missed that. she missed his presence. she missed his voice. she missed his face. she missed everything about him.

seeing him again caused all her feelings to rush back, like nothing has really happened and there she goes again, has her heart going crazy for him.

she wanted to hug him, something she haven't done even once. she wanted to kiss him which she wondered would she ever be able to do.

she wanted to call his name so badly.