13

narration

"insoo's coming there. give him the photos. have you printed everything?"
stupidly, haewon nodded when they were talking through the phone.

"i'd love to see them all today!" eunwoo exclaimed before haewon could hear weird noises from the other end of the call. "oh, jinae's here. send me a message when insoo got the photos. bye!"

how could that happen? they talked through the phone, or was it only eunwoo who was talking?

haewon sighed and stared at her phone. eunwoo's smile on that photo is too heart warming.

flashback

"haewon, can you get me a plate?" eunwoo asked and haewon smiled before nodding.

she placed her phone down on the table.

she returned with a plate before eunwoo asked her to prepare the table for dinner.

haewon and eunwoo were eating their dinner happily. eunwoo cooked for them. haewon's not a good cook but she could do a few.

"when did you take that photo?" eunwoo asked out of the blue.

"what photo?"

eunwoo pointed at her phone that was on the table top.

"ah... you saw it." haewon shyly smiled.

"you should pay me for giving you such a beautiful photo. oh, you even used it as your wallpaper. that's not for free."

"no, no! i'd change it now. don't worry."

eunwoo laughed loudly. "i was just kidding! you can keep it. but why did you use my photo as your wallpaper and when did you take that?"

haewon smiled like an idiot as she remembered that day. "we were handing out Christmas gifts to the kids. you looked really happy so i took a photo of you."

"and why is it on your wallpaper?"

can she tall him honestly?

"i wanted to see your face everytime i check on my phone." she was hoping she could tell him that.

but of course, she couldn't. how would eunwoo react again if she showed him or made him feel she likes him?

"i... wanted to let everyone in my workplace know that i'm taken so they'd stop flirting with me."

"they are flirting with you? didn't know there'd be guys interested in you."

"what? seriously?!"

"i was kidding. but hey, haewon, your shot was beautiful."

end of flashback

and that's why eunwoo asked her to take photos of jinae. when she asked him why and what he would do with those photos, "i'd make her an album of her photos. i'd let her see how wonderful she is."

"when would he-"

"hi! you are... haewon?"

haewon nodded and smiled, "you are insoo?" she asked and insoo nodded.

"have a sit first, insoo."

"thank you."

"coffee?" haewon asked but insoo shook his head.

"i'm here only for a while. i need to bring them to eunwoo after this."

haewon smiled.

insoo had a hint that there was a bit of sadness from her smile. he couldn't explain how he knew but he could feel it.

"sorry for the trouble eunwoo has brought you. he just loves jinae so much that he'd do this for her."

haewon nervously smiled for that. his words were right and sweet but it was not for her, it was for another girl.

"but can i ask you something?" insoo asked and haewon nodded. "how are you related to eunwoo? i know he doesn't have a sister."

"ah..." she but her lip and smiled a bit. "someone he doesn't want people to know exists in his life, i guess? that's me."

"wha-what? hey. hey, wait. why would he?"

haewon realized what she just said and so she just shrugged it off. "no, i mean nothing important. he just asked me to do a favor for him. so i'm here!"

insoo noticed her shaky sigh and watched her tidy her things. "i still have work to do. so maybe i could leave you here or you're leaving now as well?"

"ah, i'll leave now. i'm bringing these to eunwoo. thank you by the way... haewon?"

"yes, right. haewon." she smiled and whispered, "thanks for remembering my name."