19

narration

"cheers!" haewon's colleagues exclaimed as they toast their glasses of beer up.

"it's amazing! winter issue was sold out!"

"haewon's photos contributed a lot to it. the feedback on the article was good. the article with the supporting photos is outstanding! where did you get the idea from?" their boss asked haewon.

"not really sure, sir. i just liked scanning a reading material with photos in it. just like how kids enjoy their books."

"that was absolutely a bright idea. we had the same topic before but this one attracted more market." the lady boss exclaimed.

"have another glass, ms. haewon." a fellow worker told haewon. but haewon is not a heavy drinker. she already had a glass and she already felt dizzy.

"don't give her another glass. are you okay?" the lady boss asked and haewon nodded. she asked one member of the department to bring her home but this particular guy volunteered to do it. guess he wants to go home early as well.

she was light on his back. sleeping soundly. he didn't mind. his house was on the same way and so he dropped her by her house.

"would you be okay?" he asked and haewon nodded. "you only had one glass but you got drunk?" he said as he laughed at her.

the kind workmate asked for her keys. he brought him in before tucking her into bed. he left her there after locking the door.

he was a gentleman. thank goodness.

however, haewon was not completely drunk. she may be tipsy but she's alright

but this collected all her emotions. she could feel the sadness covering her whole, bringing her to tears.

what the hell was she thinking? what was she doing?

she looked around her room.

it had a dim light. the atmosphere was too sad.

she picked up her phone and dialled eunwoo's number. it finished ringing without him answering the call.

"is he alright?" she thought.

she took a bath and dressed up. she suddenly got worried about eunwoo. she rushed to the hospital and went to jinae's room.

"lee jinae was discharged two days ago, ms. haewon."

she was what?

then where could eunwoo be?

her worry was replaced with slight anger. why did eunwoo not tell her they already left the hospital? didn't he really think haewon would be worrying about him?