Sparks Fly

Disclaimer: I do not own S.E. Hinton’s “The Outsiders” or Taylor Swift’s “Sparks Fly”. All rights go to them. Enjoy! Xx – K : )

Chapter 3: Sparks Fly

The way you move is like a full on rainstorm

And I'm a house of cards

You're the kind of reckless

That should send me runnin'

But I kinda know that I won't get far

            Dally and I pulled up to a small diner that looked rough. I didn’t really care though because I was so hungry. I got out of the car and we walked in.

“Hey, I know this isn’t too hot of a place but – “

“Dally, it’s fine. I’m so hungry I could eat a horse.”

“Okay, princess.”

“Why do you call me that.”

“Princess? Hell, you’re all prissy and into girly shit.”

“How do you know what I’m into?”

“Well are you a girl?”

“No, Dally, I’m a man,” I said sarcastically in a mimicked man voice.

“Well all girls are into girly shit. What are you hungry for?”

“French fries.” I was happy he changed the subject. Last night when I was laying awake in bed, all I could think was “am I attracted to Dally?” I thought he was a little attracted to me, but I just couldn’t decide my feelings. I had only known him again for less than 24 hours, but boy was he was stubborn. But he was also very good looking. I just didn’t know.

“That it, daydreamer?”

“Nope. I also want a kid’s cheeseburger.”

“Kids? I know your short and all, but you ain’t a kid. I’m just gonna get you the normal size.”

 “The kid’s cheeseburger is cheaper.”

“I don’t care. You didn’t eat breakfast and you only at one chip last night at Soda’s. No kid’s cheeseburger.”

More stubborn than a donkey,” I thought to myself.

            The waitress came and Dally ordered me a normal cheeseburger and fries. I cursed him in my mind, but let it go. When the waitress left we just sat there in silence. Dally exhaled than started a conversation I did not want to have.

“So, your brother, Travis…has he beaten on you before?”

“No. Never,” I replied sounding casual.

“If he ever does again, I’m gonna do something about it whether you like it or not.”

“He won’t.”

“You don’t know that! Name one good reason for him to give you that bruise,” he argued as he pointed to my shoulder where Travis pushed me. I guess he pushed me a little harder than I thought.

“My mom…”

“Your mom tell him to do that?”

“She would’ve if she was still alive!”

            Dally and I noticed people looking over us and he motioned me to lean in closer. “I’m just, I don’t want you to get hurt.” He leaned back into the booth drinking his Pepsi. The chime on the diner entrance chimed and Dally looked over to see who it was. “Fuck. Get ready to meet a jackass, Scar.”