Ours

Disclaimer: I do not own S.E. Hinton’s “The Outsiders” or Taylor Swift’s “Ours”. All rights go to them. Enjoy! Xx – K

(A/N): Here’s another long chapter! I like this one a lot too. Hope all of you guys do too! Don’t forget to review when you’re done reading, lovely readers! –K : )

Chapter 7: Ours

Seems like there's always someone who disapproves

They'll judge it like they know about me and you

And the verdict comes from those with nothing else to do

The jury's out, my choice is you

“Here it is. See you around, Scarlett.” Lori turned around before I could say anything. She seemed really nice. She didn’t have to walk me all the way to the math room. I was about two minutes late and when I walked in the grey haired teacher was not happy.

“Thank you, Ms. Tucker, for making an appearance.”

“Oh, I couldn’t find the room…”

“You should’ve asked people where it was. Algebra is not a class to be late to.”

“Sorry, it won’t happen again.” Why was she being so mean? It was my first day!

“Introduce yourself.” I looked down and tried to think of something to say. By this time, a bunch of rich kids were laughing at me. Actually, the only people not laughing were Pony and Curly.

“Uh, I just moved here from Oklahoma City.”

“That’s it Winston girl?!” yelled a guy wearing a varsity jacket. The teacher just looked confused and I looked straight at Pony who was staring at the back of the kid who said that.

“Um, yes. Where do I sit?”

“There’s a spot up here in the front row, so stop looking at the back of the room. I’ll be keeping an eye on you.” I wondered if she only said that because she pieced together what the guy meant by “Winston girl”. I sat down in my seat next to two snobby girls. This was going to be a long class.

“Alright class, we’ll be working on lesson 23. Open up your notebooks.” I meekly raised my hand and the teacher called on me. “Um, I don’t have a notebook.”

“Why not?”

“The lady at the office didn’t say I would need one.”

“Well, you do. I guess you will get a zero for today.”

“What?! That’s not fair. I didn’t know I needed a notebook.”

“That’s almost a better excuse than ‘the dog ate my homework’. Now it’s a zero. And I expect you to get a 100 on the worksheet we will have tonight.”

“I don’t even have a Textbook. And I have no idea what we’re learning.”

“Maybe if you would have gotten a notebook you wouldn’t be having this problem.”

“For the last time ma’am, I didn’t know I needed one!”

“That’s it. Go to the principal’s office.” She paused and looked around at the students, “Pony walk her to the office please. If she couldn’t find this room, she probably won’t be able to find the office.”

“Ma’am, with all due respect, I don’t think this is fair."

“Ms. Tucker, you better go ahead and go to the office.” I tried to hold back tears as much as I could, but when I got out to the empty hallway, I couldn’t hold them in. At least she picked Pony to go with me.