eleven

eleven
————
"five points from gryffindor for being late mr. potter." proffesor hart said.

"sorry proffesor." harry mumbled.

he ignored the questioning looks from his friends, slumping tiredly into the seat next to draco.

"are you okay?" the blond whispered.

"i'm fine."

he'd had a rough morning.

unable to sleep, he'd stayed up reading the whole night.

as soon as it reached dawn, his exhaustion hit him full force and he stumbled to his bed, falling asleep instantly. but, as usual, his sleep was far from peaceful.

when neville gently shook him awake for breakfast, he told them to go on without him.

they left without question, fully expecting harry to arrive before breakfast was over.

but he didn't.

he couldn't.

he didnt have the energy to move from his bed. his legs felt like lead, pulling him down, down, down, into his matress, into the floorboards. they rooted him there, getting heavier every time he tried to move.

by the time he managed to drag himself from the comfort of his blanket and get dressed, breakfast had already ended.

the long trek to the potions classroom took even longer than normal, his fatigue making his movements sluggish and lethargic.

he'd collapsed to the floor outside the classroom for a minute, lightly smacking his cheeks so he wouldn't look as dead as he felt.

so yeah. rough morning.

draco didn't look convinced, but he didnt pry anymore, just sent concerned glances his way every few seconds.

"you can talk quietly with your partners," proffesor hart announced. "i will call your groups up to tell me what potion you want to make so i can approve it. on my desk there is a list of possible potions if you need ideas."

"so, harry, i was thinking..." draco proceeded to rattle off some more ideas and details he had for the potion.

harry listened half-heartedly, willing his heavy eyes not to fall shut.

"harry and draco." proffesor hart called them.

the green-eyed boy sighed heavily, pushing himself slowly to his feet.

he stumbled towards the lively proffesor's desk, leaning against it while draco shyly handed her the notes.

she read over them for a minute, eyes widening in astonishment. "did you.. come up with this yourself?"

they both nodded.

"this...its amazing."

draco beamed, answering her questions and writing down what she suggested.

when she called the next pair, harry shuffled back to the table, vision swimming slightly.

his head was pounding.

he sighed again, laying his head down on the table.

"harry?" draco said hesitantly. "do you feel okay?"

"i-it's just a headache," he swallowed thickly. "i'll be fine."

he was lying.

and draco knew it.

his face was too pale, voice too shaky, for it to be 'just a headache'.

that was when draco recalled that harry had been absent from breakfast that morning.

he must be hungry.

before harry could protest, draco was up, walking towards the proffesor's desk with more purpose than he had in weeks.

"i'm sorry to interrupt proffesor, but harry isn't feeling well. can i take him to the nurse?"

proffesor hart immediately agreed, shooting harry a concerned look.

draco led harry out of the classroom, ignoring the many pairs of eyes following them.

a/n: chapters 11-13 were supposed to be one chapter but they were too long,, (_;)
i was planning on writing chapter 13 today but i'm tired from ice skating so i might just write it tomorrow, sorry.
٩(ˊˋ*)و