Chapter 6

Lucifer's POV

I sit in the passenger seat of the car, tapping my foot. Elliot sits beside me, driving the car. In the backseat sit two men whose names I didn't care to learn. Elliot knows their names, I don't have to. We drive silently through the night. After about a thirty-minute drive, Elliot pulls over on the side of the road.

"According to my research, Chase should be leaving this apartment building in about ten minutes." Elliot tells me, casting his eyes to the front door of a relatively new apartment building.

I glance over the front door. I notice immediately the cameras, both the visible ones and the hidden ones. This apartment has pretty good security.

"Which way will he be heading?" I ask.

"He walks to his car which he parks in the lot across the street."

I cast my eyes over to the parking lot. I notice a single camera aiming at the lot. I glance back and look over the two men in the back seat. My eyes fall on the one sitting directly behind me. He is young, I'd say about eighteen. Invaluable.

"You," I say, nodding at him. "Go disable the camera in the parking lot." The young boy pales.

"M-me?" He asks as he breaks out in a cold sweat. The poor kid is trembling. I give him a single nod before he casts his eyes to Elliot, hoping for a way out of the task he has been given. Elliot just gives him a hard stare. The kid swallows hard then scrambles for the door handle and climbs out of the car.

Disabling the security cameras. If my men are smart about it, they can get away without being caught, but everyone makes mistakes. I always send the weakest member to disable the camera because if they mess up and get caught, they will get arrested.

All my men have a tiny chip implanted in the back of their neck. Only me and Elliot can activate or disable them. If my men get arrested or captured by a rival gang, we will activate the chip which will release a lethal toxin into the host body, leaving him dead within a couple minutes. I can't have any of my men being tortured and spilling my secrets or personal information.

Essentially, to a kid like that, disabling the security camera is a death sentence. I watch as he walks towards the camera. It swivels and zooms in on his face. Right then his fate is sealed. Luckily the car is out of the camera's line of sight. He stands underneath it looking up at it, trying to figure out the best way to disable it. He settles on climbing on top of a parked car and cutting the wires that connect to the camera. The small record light on the camera blinks off, telling us he was successful in disabling it.

He looks around the lot for any other cameras, then starts to head back towards the car. He reaches the car and climbs back in. Once his door is closed, I look at Elliot who looks back at me and nods.

"Why don't you go enjoy the rest of your night, Oliver. Your services are no longer needed." Elliot says looking back at the kid.

The kid looks back wide-eyed. A single tear drips down his cheek but he quickly wipes it away and climbs out of the car. He slams the door shut and walks away without looking back. The other man opens his mouth as if he is about to say something but is cut off by Elliot.

"Peter," Elliot says, warningly. Peter shuts his mouth and looks out his car window.

I glance back at the apartment building, counting down the minutes until Chase walks out the front door, sealing his fate. A couple of minutes pass before he finally walks out of the building, crosses the street, and heads for his car. He stands at about 5'10. He has a lean figure, but it is evident that he works out to keep himself in shape. His hair is a dirty blond color and he has stubble around his lips.