Chapter 14

Lucifer's POV

I step through the front door to my house as the limo carrying my family drives away. Upon hearing the door shut, I see Elliot make his way down the grand staircase.

"Ms. Taylor won't speak to me. She's locked herself in your bedroom." He informs me when he reaches the bottom of the stairs. I let out a loud sigh. She's going to be difficult about this.

"Thank you, Elliot. You're dismissed but keep your phone on you." He nods and heads off to his room. I climb the stairs and walk to my bedroom. I knock on the door. "Rose, it's me. Let me in."

A moment passes and she doesn't respond or let me in. I let out another sigh. This is going to be a fun night. I walk down the hall to my office and grab a key I keep hidden in a decorative plant. I walk back to the bedroom and unlock the door. I step in to see Rose standing, leaning on her side against the balcony doors with her arms crossed. She is looking out at the garden.

I step into the room and close the door behind me. She doesn't bother to look at me. I loosen my tie as I walk over to her. She still pays no attention to me, so I gently place my hand on her shoulder, standing behind her. I gently slide my hand down her soft arm as I lean forward and go to kiss her neck. She steps away and turns to look at me before my lips can touch her.

"No, don't touch me." She spits out sternly. She looks at me. I let my hands fall to my side.

"Rose, can we talk about this?" I ask softly.

"What is there to talk about? You're a monster, and you keep finding new ways to prove it to me." I furrow my brows.

"I'm a monster for locking up someone who single handedly could have gotten me and a large portion of my men killed?"

"You kill too Lucifer. Innocent people have died at your hands. For fucks sake, you killed one of your own men, just because he gave you news you didn't want to hear."

"Yes Rose, I kill people. I never claimed to be a saint."

"So what now? Are you going to kill me too? Or, or one day are you gonna decide I wronged you in some way and torture me?"

"You won't betray me like she did,"

"How do you know?" She yells, interrupting me. "You took me. You stole me from my happy life and forced me into this world of hurt. Ethan is dead because of me, and it is all your fault, and that haunts me" She takes a deep breath and wipes angry tears from her eyes. "I want nothing to do with you Lucifer. I don't want to be a part of the pain that comes with knowing you, and what you've done."

"I know you're upset baby,"

"I am not your baby Lucifer. I'm not your girlfriend. I am your hostage. You are a bad person, and everything you do is bad, and I won't be a part of it. I won't encourage you by pretending to be okay with it, pretending to be something that I'm not. I am a good person Lucifer. I help people." I can't listen to this.

"Rose, stop."

"I won't let myself be corrupted by you."

"Rose," I warn as my hands ball into fists. Her words hurt, and I can feel the rage slowly filling my body.

"I won't stay with you."

"Rose that's enough." She needs to stop.

"I don't like you Lucifer."

"Rose!" I growl. She needs to stop before I lose control. My heart throbs.

"I won't like you."

"Don't you dare say it Rose," She can't. I won't be able to stop myself if she says it.