Chapter 16

Rose's POV

I sit in the back corner of the cot, curled in a ball with my back against the cold wall. I'm terrified. I shouldn't have pissed him off. I really shouldn't have. What if he leaves me here just like his ex? Will I die down here?

I'm only locked up for around fifteen minutes before the screams start. They are loud, filled with pain. It sounds like a man screaming, but I can't tell for sure. They echo around my cell. Make them stop, please.

By the time the screams stop, tears are streaming down my cheeks. I hate it. I can't stand to see or hear people in pain, and there's nothing I could do to help the man in pain. I rock back and forth on the cot. I've never heard such agony in a scream before. I can't forget it either. Although the screams have stopped, they still ring through my ears.

"You really love torturing him. What's got you thinking about it?" I hear a girl's voice ask.

"Luna brought you up in front of my new girlfriend." A man replies. I recognize the voice. It's Lucifer. Lucifer is the one who made that man scream like that? What did he do? Will he hurt me like that?

"Oooh, how'd she take the whole, you locking me up to torture me thing? Did you scare her away?" Lucifer's ex, I assume, replies.

"Open it up." I hear a metal door scrape open. "Close it behind me." The door closes again and his voice is slightly quieter. "She pissed me off, so now she's locked up down here like you."

"Is she into it? Being locked up and restrained?" I can hear the smirk in her voice, as if she finds my suffering amusing.

"She's nothing like you, Lucy." Oh yeah, that was her name. How did I not remember that?

"Well, I'm always here when you get bored of your good, little, vanilla play toy." I can still hear the smirk in her voice, and her comment scares me. What if he takes her up on the offer? Is he going to forget about me down here and go back to her? I don't even like him, why do I feel this way? Why do I want her no where near Lucifer? There is silence for a minute or two before I hear Lucifer's voice again.

"You had your chance." I hear a knock on a metal door before metal scrapes against the floor again. After that, silence.

I keep waiting. He will come get me now, right? I learned my lesson. He won't leave me down here. He can't. The minutes tick by and it becomes evidently clearer that he's not coming for me.

"He's good in bed, isn't he?" Lucy's voice suddenly calls out, in barely more than a normal talking voice. "I know you can hear me. You can hear everything down here." Silence for a second. "What's your name? I know I've heard it before, remind me." I couldn't reply to her even if I wanted to with my gag.

"No talking." A man's voice grunts out.

"Rose?" Another man's voice. He sounds weak, in pain. Why is the voice so familiar? "Rose, please, if you're here, you have to make him let me go. He's crazy. Please, I'm sorry."

"Shut up!" A different man's voice. "Don't make me come in there."

I know that voice now. That voice has haunted my dreams for years now. It's Chase. What the fuck is he doing here? I hear him let out a faint whimper, as if he is afraid of the threat.

"So you're name is Rose? Well Rose, I'm Lucy. I'm sure we will have a more formal introduction one day."

"Last chance Lucy," The first man's voice says.

"You know, I'd love to get to meet you. You should convince him to let me up for a friendly chat. I could give you all the juicy gossip."

"I'm coming in." The man's voice says. I hear a metal door scrape open again.

"I don't suppose you'll let me fuck my way out of this?" Lucy asks. "Or maybe you'll man up and hit me instead of using the damn syringe every time?" She sounds annoyed. "Of course not, pussy."

I hear her let out a blood curdling scream only seconds later, then the metal door scrapes closed. She keeps screaming. Her screams don't let up for a long time. I have no real concept of time in here, but I'm positive it was at least half an hour before her screams died down to whimpers. Once she was finally silent, no one else made any noise.

Hours seemed to pass and the only noises I heard were the occasional coughs, groans of pain, and quiet sobs. More and more time passed. Is Lucifer really leaving me down here? Eventually I lay on my stomach on the cot. It's not comfortable, but it is the only way I can lay without losing all feeling to my arms. I manage to fall asleep to the sound of the misery around me.

I wake up screaming. My dreams haunted by sound of the man's scream from earlier. No matter how much I begged in the dream for it to stop, it only got louder and more haunting. When my eyes fly open, I see Lucifer crouching next to the cot, his face level with mine. I breath heavy as tears stream down my cheeks. He reaches out and wipes some of my tears away.

"Shh shh shh baby, it's okay. I'm here now." He tries to comfort me in a gentle voice. He gently strokes my hair and wipes my tears as they drip down my cheeks. Once I have calmed down, he helps me sit up on the cot.

"I'm gonna talk and I need you to listen to me okay my sweet flower?" I take a shaky breath and nod.

"I'm going to let you out of here, but I need to know that you'll behave. You'll behave for me, won't you sweetie?" He asks. I notice he is talking very softly and quietly, most likely so that no one else can hear. I nod looking at him.

"You're going to need to do everything I say, can you do that?" Again, I nod slowly. Anything is better than staying down here.

"Unless I specify otherwise, you're going to stay with me at all times. When I work you will sit next to me in my office, when I go to the gym, you will come with me, everywhere I go you will follow. Do you understand?" There goes my freedom, but again, better than staying down here. I nod again.

"Lastly, I need you to promise not to say those things to me again. You're allowed to disagree with what I do, but be nice about it. I have a very short temper, and I don't wanna snap on you again because you say something stupid." He didn't pose it as a question, but I know he is looking for a response, so I nod again. He leans forward and presses his lips to my forehead.

"I love you baby," He says louder. "Let me get those ropes off you," He says as he unties the rope around my head and pulls it out of my mouth. He then reaches behind me and unties my wrists. I quickly pull my hands in front of me and rub my wrists. They are very red and irritated from the rope rubbing against them.

"Give me a hug baby, I want to feel you in my arms." I don't argue. I feel so alone, and I'm so afraid of being down here, I'd much rather be in his arms. Although he can be scary sometimes, I know right now I'll be safe in his arms. I wrap my arms around his strong back and bury my face into his neck. He pulls me close and hugs me back, his hand gently rubbing my back.

"Let's get out of here baby," He says softly and I nod into his neck.

He releases me from his hold and stands up. I stand up as well. He snakes his arm around my hips and pulls me into his side tight. He walks me out of the cell, glancing at two men standing just outside the door.

"You're both dismissed." He says before leading me out of cells and basement, holding me close to him almost as if he's trying to hide me against his body.