Chapter 11

Rose's POV

It has been two weeks since my escape attempt. Lucifer was right when he said there was going to be changes. Every night I sleep with my wrist cuffed to the bed and every day during the day, if Lucifer isn't with me, he has two of his men following me around. The only place I have some privacy is in the bathroom.

It is a Sunday morning. I wake up only to find Lucifer sitting on the bed next to me, watching me. I rub my eyes with my free hand then look at him again. He doesn't have to be such a creep and watch me while I sleep.

"Good your awake." He says as he reaches over me to uncuff my wrist. "My family is coming over today. I expect you will be on your best behavior, right?" His family? Does his family know what he does for a living?

"Uhm, what?" I'm too tired for this. Can I just roll over and go back to sleep?

"My family is coming to the house soon. We are doing lunch then I am treating them to a nice dinner. I expect that you are going to behave and not try anything, am I correct?"

I look at him. Would his family insist he releases me? Escape attempt number two? Or would he kill them as well if they helped me? He wouldn't kill his own family, would he? He is looking at me intensely, waiting for me to answer.

"I, uhm, yeah. I won't try anything. I'll be good." I say. He looks at me for a moment, studying my face.

After a moment he pulls his phone out of his pocket. After messing around on it for a moment, he shows me the phone. On the screen I can see Emma in her apartment. She is currently in the bathroom brushing her teeth. I look up at Lucifer, shocked. Why does he have camera's watching Emma's apartment?

"I have had her under surveillance ever since your last escape attempt and I have had one of my best assassins watching her every move. All it takes is me to press this button right here," He hovers his finger over a red button in the bottom corner of the screen. "and your friend will be killed, immediately. So let me ask you again, you're going to behave and you're not going to try anything, right?" I look at him wide eyed and nod frantically.

"Please, just don't hurt her." I beg him. He turns his phone off and reaches out and starts stroking my hair.

"I won't baby. As long as you are good." I nod looking at him with big eyes. "Good girl, now go get ready. They should be here in an hour." I stand up and head to the closet to grab clothes but just before I'm about to walk in he calls out. "Oh, and by the way, they think you're my girlfriend, so you better act like it."

I look back at him. He is smirking at me. This is not going to be a fun day. I walk into the closet and pick out a pair of light blue skinny jeans with rips in them and a white blouse that hangs off my shoulders. I walk out of the closet and into the bathroom. I take a shower, get dressed, and blow dry and brush my hair. After I'm done I walk out of the bathroom and into the bedroom.

"You ready?" Lucifer asks me. I look at him and nod. Ready as I can be to meet a mafia leader's family. Will they be mean? Are they all in the mafia? Are they completely unaware? He walks over to me and looks down at my face. He is standing very close to me, but I do my best not to shy away from him. He gently lays his hand on my cheek, looking into my eyes.

"Rose," he says softly, and I can feel his breath on my face. Looking into his eyes, I can see them taking in every aspect of my face, before stopping on my lips. He starts to bring his face closer to mine, slowly, making it very clear what he intends to do. Can I do this? I stay still. What if he gets mad I deny him and kills Emma? His lips come closer and closer to mine. I can't.

"No," I breath softly, causing him to still.

"Rose, you're my girlfriend. I've tried to be respectful of your wishes and I've held off until now, but I don't want our first kiss to be in front of my family." He brings his other hand up to my cheek and rests it there gently.