Chapter 4 New Friends

Normal Pov.

The Combaticons stood around waiting for Steven and Peridot to come back from their journey to the cluster. Onslaught was still holding an unconscious Lapis while keeping a watchful eye on the gems. After they tried to leave them stuck on mask island none of them trusted the three to even come close to them. When ever one of them did try to come near them they got a warning shot sent their way.

Soon the drill came back up the hole it made and promptly dropped to the ground like a sac of potatoes. The black screened window opened up and Steven fell out with Peridot not far behind. The cons walked over to the two and greeted them.

Onslaught:"How was your trip?"

Steven slowly got to his feet with Peridot and replied.

Steven:"Wen't as well as anyone could have hoped!"

Peridot gave him a look.

Peridot:"You SOMEHOW managed to bubble the ENTIRE cluster!"

Steven just chuckles while scratching the back of his head. Before the boy knew it the gems were on him. They fussed and complained about how worried they were, etc. It took the cons literally plucking the gems off the ground just to give the boy some space.       

Steven:"Thanks guys"

The cons nodded. After they placed the gems down Steven began to tell them of his journey to the cluster. They all listen intently as he spoke of his confrontation with the cluster and how he managed to convince it to bubble itself. When he finished telling his tale he looked at their reactions.

Pearls mouth was agape, Amethyst was had a look of surprise, and Garnet.... just stood there. As for the Combaticons they all gave thumbs up. 

Steven:"So how did your guys's fight with Malachite go?"

The gems looked nervous as Onslaught spoke.

Onslaught:" The gems got their butts kicked"

Pearl:"No we didn't!"

Amethyst:"Ya we put up a good fight!

The cons gave them looks before bursting into laughter.

Brawl:"That's not what we saw!"

Swindle:"You gems were getting OWNED by that fusion!"

Vortex:"Ya, when me and Blast-Off arrived your fusion, Alexandrite, was getting tossed around like a rag-doll!"

Blast-Off:"It took Bruticus being formed just to take her down!"

As they continued to laugh Onslaught noticed the questioning look Steven was giving him.

Steven:"Wait who's Bruticus?"

Onslaught:"He's the combination of us five Combaticons combining together into a much larger being"

At this Steven had literal stars in his eyes.

Steven:"Wow, can you guys combine so I can meet him!" 

The cons looked a little nervous at his request, which confused the boy.

Onslaught:"That's not a good idea"

Steven:"Why?"

Brawl:"Because Bruticus is......destructive"

Steven:"Huh?"  

Swindle walked forward and knelt down in-front of the boy.

Swindle:"Steven, Bruticus is its own separate being do to our five minds merging together. But due to the fact that each of us have our personalities, they are clashing together. This has left Bruticus with a very destructive personality. The only way for us to somewhat control him is before we combine, we have to be unified in the same goal. This way he doesn't wander off and do his own thing"