The Prince's Eyes

These night continued, even as the seasons changed... On a night like any other, the wolf sang her song toward the moon. It was the same, quiet evening for her.

  However, tonight was a special night for the prince. He entered the forest filled with determination. He wanted to see the identity of the singing voice with his own two eyes... The prince climbed the cliff, his heart full.

  The wolf didn't notice anything unusual at first. But when she was done singing, she didn't hear the applause that always came afterward. She pondered, and wondered, and glanced down below. What?! Why was the prince coming so close to her?!

  "He'll hate me if he sees me!" The wolf panicked, "No one should see what I really look like..." She extended a large paw to cover the prince's eyes. But instead, her claws accidentally tore at the prince's eyes!

  The wounded prince slipped from the cliff. The startled wolf thought, "If a human falls from this height..." and hurriedly seized the prince's arm. At the same time, the terrified prince felt the same beastly presence on his arm as the one that had just scratched out his eyes, which increased his dread tenfold.

  The prince screamed and struggled, desperate to escape the wolf's clutches. The wolf, alarmed by his yells, accidentally let his arms slip through her grasp.

  The prince plummeted down the cliff, but then... THUMP! He landed safely on some bushes. Though he was not harmed from the fall, the wolf's claws had injured his eyes... A nearby soldier from the kingdom rushed over to the prince. The soldier had heard his screams and had come to see the commotion.

  "The prince must've been hurt by a monster up above!" The soldier quickly fired some arrows. The wolf was concerned about the prince, but after being barraged by arrows, she was forced to escape into the forest.

  The wounded prince began to gradually lose consciousness. The terrible memory of claws in his eyes and the beast's grip on his arms became engraved in his mind...