Goat Encounter ; You Have to Cook the Meat

Darkness fell ; the witch's house was still relatively far away. They began searching for a place to spend the night. After wandering for a bit, they found an unstable cabin that was covered from top to bottom with mushrooms. "It's pretty rickety... Maybe we could stay for just one night...?" the princess said anxiously. They firmly held hands and entered the cabin.

  The inside of the cabin was even darker than the forest ; only a few blurred shadows were visible. The princess squinted her eyes to see what they were.

  "Woah... So many corpses..." The princess realized that the shadows were dead goats, lying all over the floor.

"What? Corpses?!" The prince was stunned.

"Perfect timing. I'm hungry anyway. Let's eat them for dinner tonight."

"What?!?!" The prince, believing that the corpses were humans, was taken aback by the princess's outrageous suggestion. The princess left the prince to his own confusion and decided to sample one of the goats.

Just as the wolf's large fangs were about to sink into the goat's stomach, it let out a weak cry. The prince heard the groan and called out to her. "P-Princess, that human's still alive!" The wolf clicked her tongue and reluctantly stopped eating the goat. Nature's law was to eat weak prey, after all.

She stared at the prince, disappointed. "So he thinks they're human beings," she thought, "Guess I can't do anything about that."

The prince called out to the goats and listened to their story. "Princess, these people are starving and can't move. Maybe we could help them?" The wolf wanted to be closer to the prince, so she grudgingly agreed. They set out to find some food for the goats.

~~~

They returned to the cabin with a lot of meat and gave it to the goats. "I got a lot!" the princess said proudly, "Help yourself!"

The prince quickly intervened. "Princess, wait! We haven't cooked the meat yet!" Goats are monsters, so they love raw meat, but the prince still thought that they were humans.

"If I mention how monsters eat raw meat," the princess thought, "he'll know I'm a monster." She decided to play along with his story.

"Okay, um... we'd better cook the meat, then. But I've never made a fire, so please teach me how to do it." She managed to avoid a potentially awkward situation.

The princess tried to follow the prince's instructions to light the fire, but... "Ahh! No, I'm scared!" The princess was still deathly afraid of fire. She began to cry and asked the prince for help.

The prince wasn't confident that he could make a fire because of his blindness. But he was happy that she had asked him for help, so he agreed. "Okay, I'll give it a shot." The prince summoned a little courage for the princess.