At the Moles' Nest

While traversing through the cave, they came across a strange area filled with many holes, which looked like gaping mouths in the darkness. "There might be something dangerous in them!" the princess thought. To protect the prince, she stood in front of one of the holes and peered inside it.

  Then... "AHH!" Tons of small black creatures emerged from the holes! The princess and the prince soon found themselves completely surrounded. The prince, sensing the princess's alarm, seized her hand and braced himself. "Don't move." the princess said, ready to fend off the creatures.

  But the creatures only twitched their nostrils in curiosity. "Hmm... Maybe they're not harmful?" the princess said. Just as she turned her back...

  The creature next to the prince opened its mouth wide! "DON'T EAT HIM!" The princess jumped at the creature and pushed it backward, sending it flying into a rock wall.

  The creature, now with a lump on its head, started to cry. "Flower... smells good... and tasty..." The creature only wanted to eat the prince's flower, not the prince himself. The prince tried approaching the crying creature.

  "No, prince! It's too dangerous. Let me do it." the princess offered, not wanting him to know that the creatures were monsters. The creatures quietly told her that they were moles who lacked sight, but had an excellent sense of smell and loved flowers.

  "Flowers don't bloom in the cave," they said, "but sometimes the wind carries in flower petals."

  "Flowers are our favorite, but since they're so scarce, we fight over them when they come in. Some moles have even died as a result..." Hiding that the creatures were moles, the princess relayed their story to the prince.

  "Oh... I want to share my flower, but it's too important to me... I'm sorry." The moles became sad and made high pitiful squeals with their noses.

  "Princess... why don't we get flowers for them?" the prince suggested. The princess agreed.

  "Yeah, let's do it! Let's go look for flowers." The moles stopped crying and became happy. Following the petals riding on the wind, the two set off to find another flower field.