A Surprising Encounter ; A Flower Gift

They talked to each other during their journey. She mentioned that she enjoyed running around, and he confided that he liked reading. "I love books about flowers," said the prince, "I can't leave the castle that often, so I thought it'd be nice to finally see flowers in the outside world." While they were talking...

  ...There was a rustling sound! A small monster appeared from the bushes and leapt toward the prince! The prince's head barely escaped being bitten by the monster. The princess quickly transformed into the wolf and brushed the monster away.

  Everything happened so fast, and for the prince, he could not see what was going on. He crouched down on the spot, shaking in fear. He couldn't help it ; he'd recently had a scary experience in the forest.

  The wolf panicked. "I've gotta do something!" But she had no idea what to do for the frightened prince. She desperately glanced around. A beautiful flower field caught her eye. She looked at it and remembered what the prince had said. "Of course! I can give him flowers!"

  "Prince, this is for you." The princess handed a flower to the prince.

  "...A flower? It smells so nice..."

  "Yeah, you said you love books about flowers." The prince smiled happily at the princess's words.

  "Thank you! I wonder what kind of flower it is. I can't see it, though... But I'm more excited to see it once my eyes are healed." She was relieved to see him happier, "I want to thank you... I know! Do you read a lot of books? Wanna hear a story I read one time?"

  The princess didn't expect the prince to be so happy. She felt like she was already becoming closer to him. "I'll pick more flowers when I see another flower field." the princess thought, smiling.