Secrets

(Art at the top done by the wonderful Alkemono over on deviantart, from chapter 3!)

"What are you going to do with that letter?"

"...I want to give it to her. Els, I mean. It's what Tem would have wanted."

"Alright, but maybe do it when you two are alone. People might get the wrong idea if you do it in broad daylight."

"Right..." Legosi puts the letter in his bag, heading off to the drama club room. Five years. That's how long its been since Legosi moved into Cherryton. In that time, you've watched the wolf grow into a fine carnivore. Of course, he was still the gentle puppy you had taken care of all those years back. His tendency to stay out of the limelight followed him to his present day self, hence him not having many friends outside of the canine dorm.

He also got much taller, soon overtaking you in height. A fact he liked to remind you whenever you sat next to each other in his dreams. You took it all in stride, helping him whenever it was necessary. You had adapted well to the rapid changes in him you suppose. When you remember what he used to be, in contrast to him now, it really was quite a shock.

"[Name], what do you think about all this?" Your thoughts are interrupted by Legosi asking you something.

"Well, it's tragic, that's for sure. I didn't really know him outside of your interactions, but I'm sure he'll be missed..." You supply. Legosi nods, heading into the drama room. Most of the members were already gathered, albeit separated into two groups. Legosi simply heads up to the rafters, listening from above. When he spots Els, he focuses his gaze on her. She catches his stare, flinching in fear.

"Hey, ease off the look, would you? She probably thinks you're gonna eat her!" Legosi blinks, looking away.

"O-oh." He says. The next few hours passed in relative silence, watching Legosi fiddle with the stage lights. When the time comes to head back to his room, he instead looks for Els. When he spots her, he trails behind slightly. You watch as one of Els' friends leaves her, watching Els glance about warily. Legosi takes this moment to walk up to her. She looks back, eyes wide in fear.

"Legosi, stop moving." He obeys, stopping a few feet in front of the sheep.

"L-legosi! What are you doing out here so late?"

"..."

"Hey, say something!" Legosi blinks, ears drooping. He feels his pocket for Tem's letter, showing it to the sheep.

"Here. It's for you." He waits for Els to take it, she does with shaking fingers.

"What's this?" She opens the letter.

"It's a love letter, from Tem. He wasn't able to give it to you."
-~-~-~

"How long are they gonna take?"

"Who knows? Louis is a perfectionist, so probably a lot longer." Legosi sighs, looking out at the plaza. He notices a bug idly crawling near him, and he picks it up.

"Still interested in bugs huh?"

"Mmhmm." The sound of flowing water from the fountain is the only thing the two of you hear for some time. Suddenly, Legosi looks up. You notice this.

"Something up?"

"...There's an herbivore." He says quietly. You blink, hearing the shift in his voice. It's wavering nervously.

"Where?" He closes his eyes.

"About ten meters." He quickly shifts behind one of the pillars.

"Hey, what's wrong?" You ask, worried at his reactions. He doesn't answer, peeking around the pillar. You spot it at the same time he does. It's a rabbit. The two stare at each other for what felt like an eternity. Then, the rabbit turned and fled. Legosi growled, getting on all fours and chasing them.