Questions

"Boss, they're here."

"Good, let them in." Louis sighed. He knew why he was feeling nervous. After all, Legosi was telling the truth. He had found [Name]. He didn't want to admit it, but he had stared at the photo of [Name] for longer than he should have.

She looked just like he remembered. And now she's coming here.

To see him.

As the boss of a gang.

He hated his thoughts sometimes. The door opened slowly, and he braced himself.

"Legosi, you better not be kidnapping me or something..."

"I'm not, I swear!" You strolled into the room, gazing around. Your gaze eventually settled on the deer, who gulped.

'Calm down. Just approach her like you usually do.'

"So your Louis, right?"

"That's right. It's nice to see you again, [Name]. You nodded sadly.

"Uh, about that..." You explained to Louis about your memory loss. You watch his face for a reaction. Surprisingly, he doesn't change his expression.

"I see... well, in any case, it's good to see you again."

"Yeah, you too..." The three of you awkwardly stood, giving each other glances. You really wish you weren't put into this kind of situation. You sighed mentally. This was off to a great start.

"Okay, this clearly isn't working." You pointed at the deer. "Let me ask you this. Are you in the same boat as Legosi with me?" Louis blinks, but nods. "Okay, how about this? Since I spent all of today with Legosi, I'll spend all of tomorrow with you. That way, you can tell me all about who I was as a person." You say, waiting for a response. Louis turns to look at Legosi, who only shrugs.

"If you're okay with it, then I suppose it's fine." He says. You nod, turning to leave.

"If it's any consolation, I'm looking forward to remembering you again." You say, before finally exiting the hideout. As you close the door, Louis rounds on Legosi.

"Why didn't you tell me she lost her memory?!"

"S-sorry. I forgot." Louis groans, holding his head in his hands. He looks up after a few short seconds.

"Wait, does [Name] even know how to leave the market?"

....

"[Name]!"

-~-~-~

"Geez, what a place to meet Louis..." You said to yourself as you wandered around the market. You could tell by the stench and absence of herbivores that this was not a friendly place to non meat eaters. You spent some time glancing at various vendors, shuddering whenever one of them took a particularly big bite out of their meal. You also realized you had no idea where you were going, given that this place was unfamiliar to you. So you did the most logical thing you could think of.

You picked a direction and started walking. In hindsight, you probably should have just waited for Legosi or Louis to guide you back, but it'd feel awkward. You kept your eyes glued to the ground, only looking up whenever you had to. You couldn't help but get the feeling that you were being watched, but whenever you turned around no one was there. You shrugged it off as nerves.

"Excuse me." You stopped in your tracks, looking up to find yourself staring at a dark figure. They were much taller than you were. You took a step back.

"U-um...Can I help you?"

"...." The figure didn't speak, simply handing you a slip of paper. You gingerly took it, watching them lumbar back into the crowd. You blinked owlishly, looking down at the paper. It only showed the directions to the police department, along with a name.