Nostalgia

Dinner was an awkward affair. None of you spoke for the longest time, the only sounds being the clink of silverware as you all ate. You noticed that Legosi picked from the same bowl Gosha did, despite not being a komodo. You wanted to ask, but the atmosphere felt strained for it, so you remained silent.

"So, where did you two meet?" You and Legosi exchanged glances.

"Er, we met at my job, actually."

"Really? What a weird twist of fate." Gosha laughed. You laughed awkwardly along with him. "Legosi, what made you visit home again?" Legosi flinched. He looked towards you, fear in his eyes. You decided to cover for him.

"He wanted to make sure I got back safe." Gosha laughed.

"Well,well Legosi! Already a ladies man, aren't you?" You felt your face heat up at his remark.

"G-grandpa!" Legosi stuttered, covering his face with his hands. He laughed.

"I'm only joking. It's nice to see you again after so long, Legosi." The wolf nodded. After dinner, you volunteered to clean the dishes, leaving the two to catch up. You stare at the plate, looking back at your reflection. What did Legosi mean back there? He said he knew you, but you didn't remember him in the slightest. You had to get answers from him.

No matter what.

"So Legosi, what are you doing now?"

"Huh?"

"Don't give me that. I got the tuition money back from Cherryton. What made you drop out?" Gosha asked. Legosi looked away, ears flattening.

"I can't tell you. Not yet at least." He finally said. Gosha stared at his grandson, confusion and worry written all over his face. He relented with a sigh.

"I suppose it can't be helped, you are almost 18 afterall. There's not much I can do to make you spit it out. Just promise me you won't get into too much trouble, alright?"

"...Alright." Gosha sighed again, letting out a smile.

"So, with that out of the way, are you staying the night?" Legosi blinked, looking past the Komodo and staring at you. He felt his tail wag slightly.

"Yes. The next train won't arrive till morning."

"Great! Oh, well. Actually..." Gosha paused, realizing something.

"What? What's wrong?"

"Nothing, per se... Just, well. I didn't expect you to come back anytime soon so I..." He trailed off.

"What?" Legosi asked. You picked that time to walk past them.

"Goodnight Gosha-san. Night Legosi."

"Goodnight." Gosha said. Legosi watched as you walked down the hallway, opening the door to his room.

Wait.

'You gave my room to her?!'

-~-~-~-

You sighed, settling in for the night. What a rollercoaster today was... you were exhausted from everything that happened today, and just wanted a good night's rest. Thankfully, tomorrow was your day off from work, so you got to sleep in as much as you'd like. The knock on your door jostled you from your sleep, and you mumbled tiredly for the person to enter.

"[Name]?" You perked up at the sound of the voice.

"Legosi?"

"Mmhmm." You sat up, rubbing your eyes.

"What's up?" You asked, gazing sleepily at him. His face heated at the sight of your undressed state.

"U-um...C-could you, put something on?" You glanced down, blushing when you realized what he meant. You quickly pulled up the blanket, fumbling for your shirt.