Trust is a two way street

It had been a few days since you had told Louis you needed time to think. While you were doing that, Legosi and Gosha had begun to catch up on the time they lost together. It was very weird, to put it mildly. They did a lot of things that to you made no sense. When you all went out for dinner, they found one of the farthest tables in the restaurant. Along with that, Gosha had brought silverware from home. You chewed him out when you noticed a few flecks of rust on the utensils.

Apart from that, you found yourself fiddling with your hands, idly drawing imaginary lines into the grooves of the kitchen table. You were debating on going back to see Louis, now that you've had time to reflect and rationalize why he hid your own death from you.

'Given the way he reacted, and how remorseful he was after I asked him...' You groaned, sliding your head down onto the table and resting it in the crease of your arms.

"Something wrong, [Name]?" You lifted your head to see Gosha taking a seat across from you, concern etched across his face. You sighed, sitting up.

"Nothing terribly bad. Just...having some trouble with someone." He raised a brow.

"Someone?" You nodded.

"A friend. From before I lost my memory." He nodded, getting up to get you both something to drink. He takes a slow sip as he sits back in his chair.

"What's the issue?" You bit your lip as you scrambled to explain it to him without sounding crazy.

"Well...He's been helping me with getting my memories back, and I recalled something that he didn't tell me. It's...it's about how I lost them." The lizard perks up at your words.

"How did you lose them?"

"...Remember how you found me?" He nods. "Well, I was in that state because-" A hand clamps down onto your shoulder, startling you. You turn your head slightly to see Legosi smiling nervously at you.

"U-um, [Name]...could I borrow you for a second?" You raised a brow, turning back to Gosha. He simply smiles and gestures for you to go with the wolf.

"Go ahead, I'll get started on dinner." You nod reluctantly, getting up and following after Legosi into your shared room. He closes the door behind you as you enter, and you take a seat on the bed.

"What's up?" You ask him. He fidgets, tapping his clawed fingers briefly.

"I...did you..." You tilted your head as he fumbled with his words. You give him a slow smile.

"Take your time." He stares wide-eyed.

"I saw him again."

"Him? You mean...?" He nods. "Did he try anything with you?"

"No, but he was being very cryptic for some reason." You sucked in a short breath. "He said something about making a choice before leaving me alone."

Fuck.

A pit of dread formed in your stomach, and you had to stop yourself from panicking. You hoped the wolf didn't notice your internal struggle.

"I...I see."

"Do you have any idea what he meant?"

"...No." You frowned, looking away from him. He tilted his head.

"[Name], is something wrong?" You bit your lip.

"Just thinking about Louis." Legosi frowned. He knew what you had found out on your own would be traumatizing, but he couldn't help but feel a small part of him tug in jealousy at the mention of the deer.