Chapter 10 A Lead To Follow

A/N: Welcome back to another chapter.

Chibi A/N: Why do I get the feeling something's going to pickled?

*A/N sighing*

A/N: You'll see in a minute, but without further adieu let's get this started.

August groaned at the pile of paperwork at his desk "What did I do to deserve this?" he thought as wondered why he had so much paperwork to do, however his thought process was derailed when a voice behind him spoke.

???: August, I got news.

August sighed as he turned his office chair around to see the police chief Fredrick Woods a man around his late fifty's and he has a bit of a belly despite being on a diet which his wife essentially force him onto.

August: Good or Bad?

Chief Woods had a slightly worried look which was strange as he's usually nonchalant about everything.

Chief Woods: We found nine body's down at the docks and well it wasn't pretty.

August sighed yet again as he had already guessed he was going to be put on the case seeing as Chief Woods always sends him out to find anything they missed which is often a lot, but he can't blame them seeing as they have their hands full as is with the Foot Clan secretly running the almost every crime operation in the city.

August: Well I guess I gotta go down there and see what I can find out.

Just as he got up out of his chair he heard another voice which was stern, yet feminine.

???: No we got a different assignment to deal with.

August turned around to see a fairly young white haired woman that wore a button up shirt with a gun holster and jeans along with some boots, but something else caught his attention she had a look of someone who had been through a lot though what she went through as to what she went through is anyone's guess, however Chief Woods cleared his throat which caught both of their attention.

Chief Woods: August this is Lillyona Tigresa she was just transferred here and she's going to be your partner.

A/N: I can explain-

*Chibi A/N with a giant barrel filled with pickle juice*

Chibi A/N: Please do!

*A/N groaning in annoyance*

A/N: After the chapters done otherwise this segment is going to be very long.

*Chibi A/N squinting his eyes*

Chibi A/N: Fine, but it better be a good reason or I swear to god I will boil you alive in pickle juice!

August offered his hand in an effort to be friendly seeing as he already figured out they'd be working together after she said that.

August: Hi it's nice to meet you miss-

Lilly interrupted him as she doesn't like being so formal especially when she's going to work with golden boy here.

Lilly: Just call me Lilly.

As she shook August's hand he noticed she also wore leather gloves that had padding and not the soft kind either as it looked like it was made out of some durable plastic.