Chapter 11

Walking with her we leave and go to a room. "Yes General Leia?" I ask. "I just wanted to thank you for telling us about our daughter being captured by Kylo and offering to go rescue her, but I wanted you with me in case some of them came back." She explains. "You're welcome General Leia, I just want her safe." I say. "I really appreciate." She smiles. I smile back and nod. After talking for some more I leave and go to my room to see BB-8 moving around my room. Laughing the droid stops and at beeps at me. "She still haven't come out buddy." I say kneeling down.

Sitting in my chair I get some work done or I try to, but it's so hard knowing Brynn isn't doing alright. Sighing I run my fingers through my hair curly hair and just taking a deep breath. "I hope she's okay I hope she's not hurting to much." Writing stuff down I look at some maps and wonder if anything new will happen with First Order. Continuing some stuff up time passes and I see it's time for dinner. Getting up I walk out and see General Leia with a tray of food for Lexie I'm assuming. "Is that for Brynn?" I ask. "Yes." She says. "How about I try this time? I mean every time you have gone she refuses. Maybe if I go I could talk her into eating." I offer. "Thank you Poe that means a lot." She says handing me the tray. Nodding I leave and make my way to Brynn's room.

Brynn's Pov

Laying in bed I feel so weak and I just don't want to do anything anymore. Letting tears fall down I know what I look like. My light brown hair is a messy tangled mess, I have very bad bloodshot eyes and they're so puffy. Getting snapped out of my trance when I hear the a knock on my door and I groan. Getting up I make my way over to it. "I've told you already Mom! I don't want food! I'm not hungry!" I say voice cracking as I lean against my door. "Well I'm not your mother, Darling." Poe says from the other side. Poe? That's new. Opening my door slightly so I see Poe standing there with a tray of food, but he can't see my face. "What do you want Dameron?" I ask keep my face hidden. "I came to see you, can I come in?" He asks softly. I think about saying no, but I unlock the door and go to my bed. I hear the door shut and I keep my face focused on the floor so he can't see how wrecked I am. He sits down next to me on the bed and I scooch over so there's some space between us. "I'm sorry about what happened with your dad." He says breaking the silence. "Thanks." My voice cracks slightly. "Hey look at me." He says. I shake my head. He grabs my face gently and lifts my face up till I'm met with brown eyes. He strokes my cheek gently and he sees how broken I am. "Oh Brynn." He whispers gently. "I'm fine." My voice cracks. He rubs my cheek still and then pulls me into a hug and that's all it took for me to break down. I start crying harshly into his chest and he rubs my back while laying his chin on my head as I just sob.

He didn't say a word about it he just lets me cry and the hug feels so good it's something I needed. He continues to rub my back and just sway us back and forth comforting me. After awhile I stop crying because I have no more tears left in my eyes I pull away and see Poe's shirt all drenched with tears. "Sorry about your shirt." I whisper. "Don't be." He says pushing my hair back and wipes some tears off my face. "Feel better?" He asks. I nod. "Yeah I do thanks." He nods. "I brought you some food." He says grabbing the tray of food. "I'm not really hungry." I lie. "Nonsense, you haven't eaten for three weeks you need food, it'll make you feel even more better I promise." He smiles showing his white teeth. I look at the food and back at him. "I promise it'll make you feel better." He says assuring me. Nodding slowly I take the tray from him and grab some chicken and take a bite of it. Swallowing the food I feel my mood boost a little and I continue to eat not realizing how hungry I was. "Glad to see you're eating." He says. Nodding I just continue to eat.

"You know, everyone on base is worried about you, you're mom, Rey, Finn, and I." He says. Looking up at him I raise an eyebrow. "Why? I mean I know why my mom is, but why are you guys?" I ask. "Because you do so much for the base and care about everyone, and plus you're our friend and we look out for each other." He smiles. I nod and think about his words. "Everyone on base would love to see your face." He says. "Especially me. I miss seeing you walk around." He hums. I look back at him and just stay quiet as he looks down at me. "I miss seeing that beautiful smile of yours." I bite my lip softly and just think. "Is that so Dameron?" I finally say. "It is." He chuckles. I let a small smile play on my lips and he smiles wider. "And there it is that beautiful smile I love seeing." He nudges me gently. I smile some more and realize how much I missed it. "I've missed this, I mean smiling....these last few weeks all I've been doing is crying and moping around it feels good having a different feeling." I say. "Glad to hear that Estrella." He hums. "Estrella?" I ask with confusion. "Yeah it means star. It's one of my nicknames for you. You remind me of a star." He smiles.

"How do I remind you of a star?" I ask. "You're bright like one and a lot of people come to you for direction and help like how we use stars to guide us when we're lost." He explains. "That's really sweet Dameron." I say looking at him. He smiles and nods. "Thanks for coming to check in on me, it honestly means a lot to me. You have no idea how much it means." I say playing with my messy light brown hair. He nods and we stay in a comfortable silence. Subconsciously I lay my head on his shoulder and take some deep breaths collecting all my thoughts together. Looking at the necklace around Poe's neck I see my star pendent on along with a ring. "Can I ask you something?" I say quietly. "Sure what is it?" He asks. "The ring on your necklace why is it there?" I ask taking my head off his shoulder. He looks at the ring on his necklace and gives a small smile.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Ooooh are we about to learn about the ring on Poe's necklace!? And it's soo sweet how they're all worried for Brynn especially Dameron that's cute!! Please comment and vote!!