Observing

Cloud Recesses.

Since they can’t chase out the Waterborne Abyss, the GusuLan sect sealed it up on the lake. Lan Xichen finally managed to have a rest. He sat on a bench and opened a book to read to.

“Jiang Cheng, walk slower. You’re almost shaking me off.” Wei Wuxian complained as he rode on Jiang Cheng’s back. His whole body is aching after he was punished from breaking the rules – and he even dared roped Lan Wangji with him. How bold.

Jiang Cheng frowned. “Is simply carrying you not up to your standards?!” he asked.

Wei Wuxian felt wronged. “I never asked you to carry me, in the beginning.” He answered.

Jiang Cheng was enraged, “If I don’t carry you, you’d probably stay in their ancestral hall and roll on the ground all day long. I don’t have that thick of a face to lose! Lan WangJi even had fifty more strikes than you, and he even walked by himself. Yet, you have the nerve to pretend that you’re crippled. I don’t want to carry you any more. Get off, now!” he scolded.

Wei Wuxian shook his head and acted pitiful. “No, I’m wounded.” He told him.

The person silently reading his book heard them. He raised his head to look, even though he already knew who is the owner of one of the voices. He didn’t know his lips automatically smiled and he stood up. He walked towards them.

The group joked around on the narrow path made of white stones. They walked right into a person in white robes, holding a book as he passed by.

Lan Xichen, planning to have an ‘accidental encounter’, stopped with wonder and smiled at the group. “What is going on, here?” he asked, his eyes swept the group even though he’s only wanting to see one person among them.

Jiang Cheng, totally unaware of the schemes in the heart of the surprisingly black-bellied most handsome and refined cultivator Lan Xichen, felt extremely awkward, not knowing how to reply. He felt embarrassed in front of Lan Xichen. He felt ashamed for their YunmengJiang sect because of Wei Wuxian’s antics.

Nie Huaisang, who felt being ignored again, answered. “Xichen-ge, Wei-xiong was punished with more than a hundred strikes of the ruler. Is there any medicine?!” he asked, panicked. He felt pity on Wei Wuxian, albeit the guy brought it upon himself.

“Was this done by Wangji? Is Young Master Wei still able to walk? What in the world happened?” Lan Xichen asked, worried because of Wei Wuxians exaggerated pitiful cries. Although he knew Wei Wuxian may be acting some parts, but he is aware how painful it is to be hit by their clan’s Punishment Ruler.

Of course, Jiang Cheng didn’t dare to say that Wei WuXian was at fault. Thinking back, it was them who urged Wei WuXian to buy liquor. Each and every one of them should have been punished. He could only speak in a vague way, “It’s fine, it’s fine; it’s not that serious! He can walk. Wei WuXian, why are you still up there?!” he scolded Wei Wuxian, again.

Wei WuXian spoke, “I can’t walk.” He raised his red palms, which were swollen a few sizes larger, and complained to Lan Xichen, “ZeWu-Jun, your younger brother is so cruel.” He complained.

Lan Xichen examined his palms, “Yes, the punishment is quite severe, indeed. It is likely that the swelling will not subside until after three or four days.” He answered.

Jiang Cheng really didn’t know that the beating was so severe. He exclaimed, “What? Not after three or four days? His legs and his back were also hit by the discipline rulers. How can Lan WangJi do this?!” He spoke the last sentence with resentment in spite of himself, and only realized it after Wei Wuxian secretly smacked him.