Kiss

Lan Wangji raised his eyes coldly and repeated, “Excuse me.” He told Wei Wuxian.

A faint smile by his lips, Wei Wuxian raised his brows and turned to the side. The arch door of the entrance was rather narrow. Lan Wangji could only brush by him as he walked in.

After he entered, Wei Wuxian shouted from behind him, “Lan Zhan, your forehead ribbon is crooked.” He told Lan Wangji.

All disciples from prominent sects took great care to maintain their appearances, especially those from the GusuLan Sect. Hearing this, Lan Wangji reached to adjust it without a second thought. Yet, the forehead ribbon was clearly as proper as always. Turning around, he casted an annoyed look at Wei Wuxian. The latter only laughed as he turned to the YunmengJiang Sect’s entrance.

After everyone had entered and the competition had officially began, one by one, disciples left due to accidentally shooting normal mannequins.

Lan Xichen made his footsteps lighter as he silently followed Jiang Cheng, not too fast nor too slow. Earlier, he wanted to approach Jiang Cheng and talked to him. However, he stopped at the last minute, feeling his heart itching and somewhat shy. His hand trembled since he badly wanted to touch the other. If he’d just suddenly approach him, he doesn’t know what would he do to the other. Also – he raised his head and looked at Jiang Cheng’s group. There are other people, and so he just can’t be that careless.

Jiang Cheng suddenly stopped and turned to his group. “Let’s all split up. If we’d hunt by groups, we can only find few targets.” He told them.

“Yes!” the YunmengJiang disciples answered and immediately dispersed.

Jiang Cheng was left alone. He looked around for a target, then pulled his bowstring. “Who is it?” he asked, slowly tugging the bowstring. He already noticed a burning gaze on his back. An enemy? He thought, his bowstring became taut because of being pulled.

Lan Xichen stopped in his steps. Ah. I was careless in the end. He thought and smiled. He finally approached Jiang Cheng now that the other is alone.

Hearing no answer but only approaching footsteps, Jiang Cheng turned and aimed the bow behind him. However, his eyes went wide when he saw Lan Xichen standing behind him. Surprised, his hand holding the arrow loosened and the arrow shot towards Lan Xichen. He felt his heart stopped and his face paled as the arrow flew towards the man.

Lan Xichen immediately caught the arrow. The arrow dispersed into violet qi and disappeared. “It’s been a year and two months we haven’t seen each other. Young master Jiang’s greeting is… intense.” He said and smiled at Jiang Cheng. “Could it be young master Jiang missed me very much?” he asked, his voice teasing and at the same time inquiring.

However, Jiang Cheng, still was shocked, didn’t notice the meaning behind Lan Xichen’s words. “Z-Zewu-jun!” he exclaimed and his face flushed. He immediately put away his bow and bowed. “I apologize for my sudden behavior.” He said, nervous. He almost killed the other!

Lan Xichen felt a little disappointment because of his unanswered question. Nevertheless, he chuckled. The youth seemed to not change since he last saw him. He’s still the same youth full of determination and justice. Although the youth should know he (LXC) can dodge that attack, still the youth is apologize. Sometimes, too much courtesy is annoying. He thought. An example is his younger brother. Courtesy puts a distance between people. Too much courtesy puts one in a pedestal. This just further his distance towards the youth. He sighed in his heart. “Don’t mind it. I am fine.” He told the youth and raised his hand to help the youth stand straight. However, his hand touched the youth’s hands. He felt like his skin was electrified and as his hand touched the youth longer, he felt the burning sensation. His fingers twitched and slowly felt the youth’s skin against his. From the youth’s palm… to his fingers… he felt his heart beating faster and faster.