Thoughts

(A/N: will this be the last chap?)

Days after that, the sight of the GusuLan sect leader in the YunmengJiang sect is now an everyday sight. After Lan Xichen confessed, the YunmengJiang sect disciples had gotten used to Lan Xichen visiting their sect leader Jiang Cheng after an initial shock in the first coupe of days. Lan Xichen relentlessly sent Jiang Cheng gifts as he confessed his love, while Jiang Cheng relentlessly rejected Lan Xichen again and again.

Their brothers helplessly sighed on the sideline as they watched the two bicker. Jin Ling, although shocked at first after Lan Xichen asked permission from him to pursue Jiang Cheng, gave his permission in the end. He thought Lan Xichen fits all the criteria Jiang Cheng set for his wife – albeit a guy.

Lan Xichen is the most handsome cultivator. He also has good cultivation. And, most of all, he is good to Jin Ling. Lan Xichen is also a respected sect leader. However, Jiang Cheng is rejecting him, which puzzled the cultivation world.

Before, they somewhat reject cut-sleeves. However, after Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian got married, they got used to it. So what if they’re both males? As long as they cultivate and made each other stronger, then that’s good. What matters is the feelings!

One day, they all finally found out the reason why Jiang Cheng refuses Lan Xichen.

“Your clan wronged me!” Jiang Cheng told Lan Xichen.

Lan Xichen was taken aback. “What?!” he said, shocked.

Jiang Cheng took a deep breath to calm himself. He looked at Lan Xichen. “One time, someone assaulted me. I haven’t seen their face but I am sure of what I saw!” he said. “It was your clan’s forehead ribbon! A drifting cloud pattern was on if.” He pointed Lan Xichen’s forehead ribbon.

“… how?” Lan Xichen asked, his voice low and his face dark.

However, Jiang Cheng looked away. He didn’t answer. They thought Jiang Cheng was just making excuses. However, Lan Xichen became silent after that, and so they thought what Jiang Cheng said is true. The GusuLan sect was shocked, and even more shocked as Lan Xichen questioned each one of them. Lan Qiren, whom was mad at the beginning, was mad again. He wanted to tell his nephew to cancel his engagement.

However, Lan Qiren knew better. Lan Xichen told him that Jiang Cheng had touched his forehead ribbon. Also, Lan Xichen already made announcement himself. Even if he really try to break the engagement, their clan’s reputation would plummet for not keeping their words. And so Lan Xichen is very happy. He double assured his marriage to Jiang Cheng. However, it seems like there is the last hurdle – that person of the Lan clan who assaulted Jiang Cheng somehow.

But, he already had asked each one of them. Their clan also forbid lying. And even if they try lying, the elders – who wants to get to the bottom of this matter to keep their sect’s image, also scrutinized each one of them. In the end, there’s no one who was found to assault Jiang Cheng.

However, Jiang Cheng wouldn’t lie. It wasn’t his style to play dirty trick, smearing a name just because he wants to reject the other. And so, the stalemate lasted for a week. Until, finally, Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian intervened.

“Zewu-jun, do you really swear that no one in the people you investigated lied?” Wei Wuxian asked.

“I swear on my name.” Lan Xichen answered.

“Lan Zhan.” Wei Wuxian called his husband.

Lan Wangji nodded and stepped forward. “I swear on my name that I never slighted, nor wronged, Jiang Wanyin.” He said, his voice solemn as he stared at Wei Wuxian.