1. Snowstorm

Evelyn's POV

I was standing in front of the mirror, checking myself before I went to the party I was not looking forward to it. Don't get me wrong I loved parties. But I was not a fan of parties that were fulled of rich and fancy people. If I could stay I would change in PJ and watch Christmas movies. But when your father is a president of the United States it's your responsibility to make a good impression. I never taught that I will be the daughter of the most powerful man in the world. Just like that my life changed. 

At first, it was difficult. I was not allowed to hang out with my friends when I wanted to. Everywhere I go there had to be security guards with me. I lost a lot of friends because they did not want to hang out with a spoiled girl that came in school with a limo and dressed in expensive close. I did not choose this. Of course, I was happy when I was dressed nice but that didn't mean that I am spoiled. I was always a generous person. I love to help people. This is why I am studying politics. I want to help people and make a better world. 

Just then there came a knock on the door. 

Me: ''Come in.'' 

I said. When I look up in the mirror I saw the reflection on the man that came into my room. It was Mike Banning. He was working for my father as a security guard. He was the lead in the security team. His job was to keep me and my parents safe.

Me: ''Do you think that I should wear a different dress?''

I asked. I was wearing a navy blue off the shoulder bodycon dress with navy blue hills. My wavy, brown hair reached the middle of my back. I had a little makeup on me because I was not a big fan of it.

Mike: ''Turn around.''

He said. I turned my body around and looked at him. His blue-green eyes began to check me out. He stops checking me out when his eyes stopped on my blue ones.

Mike: ''You look beautiful as always.''

He said and a big smile came on my face. Mike was a kind, friendly, and honest man. He was not just my favorite security guard but he was my friend.

Me: ''Be careful. Dad may hear you.''

I said. A smile appeared on his face as he stepped closer.

Mike: ''I am so scared of him.'' 

He said and we both burst out laughing.

Mike: ''I came to remind you that we are leaving in five minutes.''

I nod my head. Mike was my dear friend since the day that I first meet him. But for some time now I am thinking about him more and more. He was always friendly to me and he was always there when I needed help. Many times he helped me sneak out of White House so I could go to a party with my friends. But he was always their whit me. Not close but close enough so he would keep his eyes on me. I was always safe with him.

With his right hand, Mike reached inside of his jacket and pull out a present. The present was a small box with red wrapping paper and a green bow on it.

Mike: ''Merry Christmas.''

He said. I smiled and took the present.

Me: ''Thank you. Can I open it?''

He noded. When I got rid of the wrapping paper and bow I saw black box. When I opened it I was stunned. I saw a beautiful necklace with a navy blue heart.

Me: ''Mike it's beautiful.''

I said and look at him with a big smile on my face.

Mike: ''I saw it and I taught that you would like it.''