12. I Will Come

Mike's POV

Me: ''Sir? Sir, look at me. Sir...''

I look at his wound. He will be okay, but I must get him out of here.

Me: ''Okay. It's gone through and you're lost a little blood. But I'm gonna get you outta here, okay?''

I said and took a patch that I was caring and put it on his wound.

Me: ''Now, you know what to do.''

I said. When I looked at him I saw that he saw breathing slower.

Me: ''Ben, come on.''

President: ''Cerberus.''

Me: ''What?''

I got closer to him so I could hear him.

President: ''Cerberus activated. Cerberus.''

I look to my right and saw that Cerberus really was activated. I had just 1 minute and 8 seconds. Fuck.

Me: ''Keep that pressed in. Sir. Ben. You're gonna be okay.''

I told him. I put his hand on the patch and that stood up. As I came to the computer I call Lynn and others.

Me: ''This is Banning. I have the president. He's hurt but alive. How do I switch this fucking thing off?''

General Clegg: ''Hold on.''

Mr. Speaker: ''Deactivation code.''

General Clegg: ''Find a control panel marked, ''Countermand.''.

I quickly found it.

Me: ''Countermand. Got it.''
General Clegg: Flip a blue-white switch marked, ''Initiate Recall''.

Me: ''Initiate recall. Okay.''

I had just 41 seconds.

Computer: ''Deactivation sequence initiated. Please enter abort command.''

Me: ''Come on.''

Voice: ''November. India. Lima.''

Me: ''Lima, yep.''

Voice: ''Five-Oscar-hotel.''

Me: ''Oscar, hotel.''

Voice: ''Backslash. Niner.''

Me: ''Backslash.''

Voice: ''Victor. Kilo. Hash-tag.''

Me: ''What?''

Voice: ''Hash-tag.''

Lynne: ''Shift three.''

Me: ''Okay. Fuck. Shift three.''

Voice: ''Echo. Sierra. Foxtrot.''

Me: ''It that it?''

Voice: ''That's it.''

As I look upon the screen I was that time was still going down. 5...4...3...

Computer: ''Cerberus has been deactivated.''

A big smile came upon my face. Thank you, God.

Evelyn's POV

Voice: ''The president! He's alive!''

As soon as I heard that I look towards the White House. I saw two figures. One was my dad and the other one was Mike. They are alive. A big smile came upon my face. I could feel tears coming down my cheeks. Tears of happiness. The team of our men came to them to bring them to safety. As soon as they were close enough I began to run towards my father.

Me: ''Dad!''

Two men were supporting him. I saw that he was hurt. But when he heard my voice he lifts his head up. When he saw me a big smile came up his face. When I got close to him, two men let him go so he could hug me. He gave me the biggest hug he ever gave me.

Dad: ''Evelyn. My little girl.''

Tears were coming down my eyes like crazy. I really taught that I lost him when the helicopter exploded.

Me: ''I taught that I lost you.''

Dad: ''Hey you will not get rid of me that easily.''

I smiled.

Me: ''We must take you to the hospital dad. You are hurt.''

He looks at me and nods his head. Two men helped him to the ambulance car. I could feel eyes on me. When I turned around I was Mike's eyes which were looking at me. He was standing there exhausted but with a smile on his face. Because of him, we are safe. I began to walk towards him. As I came to him I put my arms around him. I lay my head on his chest. His arm came around me and pulled me closer.

Mike: ''Are you okay?''

Me: ''I should ask you that.''

I said and look at him. He looked me back and our eyes locked.

Mike: ''I am okay. Now that you are in my arms.''

He began to lean closer. The moment I have been waiting for so long. As I closed my eyes our lips meet.

A couple of days later...

Dad: ''We've lost good friends. Family. All good people. Heroes, every one of them. Our hearts and prayers go out to their families. And they will be remembered. Nor will we forget those who serve out of the spotlight to whom we owe our highest gratitude. Our foe did not come only to destroy our things or our people. They came to desecrate a way of life. To foul our beliefs, trample our freedom. And in this, not only did they fail...they granted us the greatest gift. A chance at our rebirth. We will rise. Renewed. Stronger and united. This is our time...our chance to get back to the best of who we are. To lead by example with the dignity, integrity, and honor that built this country...and which will build it once again. May God bless you...and may God bless the United States of America.''

When my father finished with his speech the whole room began to clap. I was staining between Lynn and Mike. Lynn was on left and Mike was on right. Dad came to us and Mike open the doors for him. Dad looked at him and offer him his hand. Mike accept his hand and shook it. I am so happy that Mike began to work for my dad again. He is doing what he loves to do. As my dad went out of the room, mine and Mike's eyes meet. I step out of the room and follow my dad. I could hear Mike walking behind me.

Dad: ''What time are you bringing her back Mike?''

Ask dad as he stops and turns to look at us. How did he know? I try to act as professionally as I could. I looked at Mike.

Mike: ''Before midnight.''

I look back at my father. He had a smile on his face.

Dad: ''Have a nice time.''

He said and went into his office. I looked at Mike.

Me: ''How did he know?''

Mike: ''Don't know. What time do I pick you up?''

He asks as he came close to me. Our bodies touched. I look him up and smiled.

Me: ''Eight. I will be waiting.''

Mike: ''I will come.''

He touched my left cheek with his hand. He began to lean in and our lips meet. I am the happiest girl in the world.