5. Their Plan

Mike's POV

I slowly opened the secret door of Oval's office and stepped in. In my right hand, I was holding my gun. I was ready for anyone. As I step to the desk I pick up the phone. It would be really nice if I could call, but of course, the phone was dead. They turned off the electricity. Then I remembered. I step to the picture on the wall. Behind the picture was safe. When I removed the picture I began to type the code. I knew all the codes in the White House. As the safe opened I took out the headset and put it on my left ear. I closed the safe and placed the picture like it was. I use my phone to call and wait for an answer that came as soon as I began to call.

Voice: ''Mr.President?''

Me: ''Negative.''

Voice: ''Identify yourself.''

Me: ''Echelon Four.'' 

Mr. Speaker: ''That's one of yours?'' 

Voice: ''Designator?''

That voice belongs to Lynne.  

Me: ''Oscar Zulu 309.''

I said and look out of the window.

Lynne: ''Jesus. Banning? Where are you?''

Me: ''I'm in the Oval office. Is the president in the bunker?''

I ask as I step to the table and open the doors. I was looking for something useful.

Lynne: ''He-''

Then she was quiet. What are they doing? I found a gun. Nice.

Lynne: ''Yes the president is in the bunker. He's being held, hostage.''

Me: ''What do they want?''

Lynne: ''We're trying to find out.''

Me: ''Who's in charge?''

Mr. Speaker: ''Trumbull. Are there any survivors with you?''

Me: ''Negative, sir. They wiped us out. They have commands roaming the hallways, with enough explosions to take out an army. Looks like the doors and windows are rigged with C-4 explosives. Who knows what other tricks they have up their sleeves?''

I said as I opened the computer that it was on the table and began to delete the files.

Me: ''Any team coming in is gonna be ringing the front doorbell pretty loud. They shut the power down. Lights off. And I assume they closed the air vents. I killed surveillance. I don't know how long that's gonna last. Where is Evelyn?''

Lynne: Oh, we have no status of her location, but she's presumed to still be inside.''

Me: ''I must go find her. They are probably looking for her.''

I deleted all the files. They will get nothing.

Me: ''Sir...I'm here. Use me.''

Lynne: ''Okay Banning. Sit tight. We'll  get back to you.''

The call was over. I turned around and saw pictures of the president's family. My eyes stopped on the photo of Evelyn.  She must be hiding somewhere. I will find her before they do. Then I heard something. Footsteps.  Someone was coming. I was thinking to use my gun. But others may hear it. I put the gun away and took down the headset. As I came to the door they opened and a man with a gun came in. He did not saw me so I took my chance. I kicked the stool in front of me and it hid the man. Then I kick his gun out of his hand and then grabbed him. I threw him on the ground and I saw that he was reaching for a gun, that was in his pants pocket. He was about to shoot me but I grab the gun and was trying to get it away from him. I did it but then we began to fight with our fists. He was quite good. But I was better. When he tried to kick me I grabbed his hand and spin us to the ground. I hit him hard in the face and I saw that he will not give up. So I took the statue of some head and killed the man with it.

Me: ''Fucking bastard.''

I took a look at a man that I  just killed and saw some numbers behind his ear. I took my phone and took a picture. Then I put my headset back on and colled.

Lynne: ''Banning?''

Me: ''Yes. I got something coming your way.''

I said and sand them a picture.

Mr. Speaker: ''What is that?''

Lynne: ''Is he alive?''

Me: ''Ask me a serious question.''

Voice: ''We don't recognize.''

I stood up and took a seat on the president's seat.

Me: ''Well, whoever they are, they're fucking good. They're well-trained and well-organized. But I guess that you know that already. So, what do you got? Talk to me.''

Mr. Speaker: ''They want us to recall the Seventh Fleet and pull our troops up.''

Me: ''Oh, is that all?''

I ask as I was preparing my gun.

Mr. Speaker: ''A Cerberus code has been entered.''

I stopped.

Me: ''What's Cerberus?''

Voice: ''That's classified.''

Me: ''Classified? Really? Well, right now I think I have the proverbial need-to-fucking-know.''

Mr. Speaker: ''Cerberus is a highly-classified military protocol. A three-pronged fail-safe in the case of an inadvertent nuclear launch. It allows us to access the self-destruct mechanism in our ICBM's in-flight.''

Me: ''If one of our nuclear warheads was launched and we wanted to abort.''

Mr. Speaker: ''Cerberus is the only way to stop it from reaching its target. No one person has all three codes. It's parceled out to the president, Secretary of Defense, and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs. All of whom are in the president's bunker right now.''

Lynne: ''With those codes, they can destroy any long-range nuke that we fire. And that would make America vulnerable to a nuclear strike.''

Me: ''So, change the codes.''

Voice: ''We can't. Cerberus was designed as a self-contained total isolation system. The only way to change the codes is on the computer itself. Witch is located in the president's bunker.''

Me: ''President will give his code if they got Evelyn. He will not allow them to hurt her.''

Mr. Speaker: ''The president will hold on as long as he can. But if they get Evelyn...''

Me: ''They will not get her.''

Mr. Speaker: ''Find her. Get her the hell out of there.''

Me: ''Yes sir.''

I took my guns, put them on my body, and left the room. I must find her.