7. Come Back To Me

Evelyn's POV

Mike: ''You ok?''

Me: ''Yes. You?''

Mike: ''Yes. Let's go.''

He got up and took my hand and pulled me up. He began to run with his hand holding mine. He had a good grip on my hand so I knew that he will not let me go. We came to the cellar of the White House. Mike first looks into the room. Then he steps in still holding my hand. We went down the stairs and step to the wall with a ventilation shaft.

Mike: ''You alright?''

Me: ''Yes.''

Mike: ''Good. Now keep an eye out, okay? Watch my six.''

He told me and I nod my head. Then I looked at his six.

Mike: ''Jacobs. Okay, I have Sparkplug. She's coming out in a ventilation shaft in the northwest corner, ground floor. Have a green party waiting.''

I quickly looked at him. He was removing the doors of the ventilation shaft.

Me: ''What? You are not coming with me?''

Mike removed the door and turned towards me.

Mike: ''I gotta go get your dad. You can do this.''

Me: ''No...Mike...you can't leave me.''

Mike steps forward and puts his hands on my shoulders. He looked me in the eyes.

Mike: ''You can do this Evelyn. You are a warrior. Warriors survive. You remember the chimney climbing I taught you?''

Me: ''Mike...''

I said and burst in his arms. I know that he must go get my dad. But I was so scared. I don't want to lose him. I love him. His arms came around me and he pressed me more to his body.

Me: ''Promise me that you will come back. Promis me Mike.''

Mike: ''I promise.''

We looked at each other in the eyes. I could feel tears coming down my eyes.

Mike: ''Don't cry. I will come back.''

He said and wiped my tears away. Then he took something from his pocket and give it to me. It was my necklace. I did not even know I was missing it.

Mike: ''I taught that you would like it back.''

Me: ''Thank you, Mike.''

Mike: ''Let's go.''

He said and pick me up a little so I could climb on the shelf.

Mike: ''One foot against the front wall, one foot against the back.''

I looked at him for the last time before I began to clime.

Mike: ''Keep on moving up. You are doing great.''

I was climbing up when Mike told me to stop. I was almost to the end. I could hear that someone was walking down there. When I looked down I saw some man's head looking at me. He was about to jell but something bulled him back. I could hear the movements and sobs for air. But then came silence. Mike's head comes back.

Mike: ''False alarm. Go.''

Me: ''Ok.''

I began to climb again and when I was at the top the lights shined at my face. I saw two army men. One of them opened the door.