Chapter 1

(A/N: there are a few details about you that I will specify because they are important to the story. That will make more sense later but for now just trust me, okay? I don't want to give too many details before you read. Also this is my first time writing a fanfiction, i probably should have started with oneshots but this story has been stuck in my head for a while. Also this is in the new world but as i specified in the description there isn't any main story to the plot.

Also that picture on the chapter is from my College Graduation trip, I took it.

Hope you enjoy!)

          The straw hat crew were doing their usual semi-aimless sailing, Nami noticed that the Log pose was pointing towards an empty area on the maps she had purchased, so of course that means whatever this island holds is amazing. Usopp, Chopper, Luffy, and Brook were all fooling around on the main deck. Playing games, signing pirate shanties, and thinking about what could be on this mysterious uncharted island. Sanji was preparing the lunch in the kitchen, Robin was reading in the kitchen so she could get refills for her drink with the least amount of distraction from said book, and Zoro was working out in the crow's nest.

          After sailing for another day with basically the same routine, Nami was getting worried. The Log pose was pointing to the same island, but they were getting closer and closer to the calm belt. She brought this detail up to the crew, however their absolutely fearless captain, Luffy, didn't care. He was going to that island. Basically, his attitude is like when they went to Skypiea, so onward they sailed.

         Eventually Zoro spotted land, it had been three days of sailing past multiple marked islands, but the crew could finally see their destination. The strange part was that this island was just inside the calm belt by about 2 miles. With the power the Sunny had under its hull the distance wasn't Nami's main concern, the sea kings were. With the persistent demand to continue from the captain they built up momentum and floated into the Calm Belt. As they drifted to avoid attracting sea kings Chopper heard them coming near Sunny. However, they were not approaching in aggression. Chopper told Nami and Robin that the sea kings were curious, and so were the birds.

"We don't know this one" Chopper translated "We will wait to see if they are safe".

"They have hidden"

"She is watching"

"Waiting"

            Chopper's translations confused and unsettled Usopp and Nami. Who is "she"? Who was hiding? How much danger are we in for going to this island? As Sunny sailed, now with aid of Franky's inventions below deck since the sea kings didn't seem to care to attack, Nami could see a lone woman standing on the shore through her spyglass. The girl stood on top of a rock formation, expression firm, with her arms crossed under her chest. Her long Black hair in a ponytail high on her head, it was still because this island was on the calm belt. When the Sunny was close enough the girl jumped from her perch onto the Straw hat's ship, landing perfectly on its port side railing.

"Who is your captain?" The girl commanded.

"That's me! Monkey D. Luffy! You can call me Luffy" he answered cheerfully.

"Why did you come here? This island doesn't hold treasures of gold and jewels, we have nothing for you" she said, "turn away from us and don't come back"

"There must be some reason you aren't on any map" Robin interjected, "that is what attracted us as adventurers"

"You really don't know where you sailed to?" the girl said confused "No one sent you this way?"

"No, our Log pose pointed the way here" Nami said while showing the girl.

"oh.................." she paused, "Then you promise to do no harm to us? If you do, I will introduce our home to you" she said in a much more relaxed tone.

"Why would we cause harm?" Luffy asked bluntly "You aren't our enemy"

              The girl fully relaxed, "well then, Welcome to Waif Haven, the island thrown away by the government and used by the children of pirates from all over the world", she explained that the hard act is to protect the island from pirates that hear of it as a place that hold "the greatest treasures" of various pirates with widely varying renown. Those treasures are the biological children they send here for protection. Without this island many of the children would be treated as trash, here they can live a relatively normal life. She also guided them to move the Sunny to the other side of the island where a naturally hidden bay would keep it safe if something or someone made an unwelcomed visit, standard protocol is what she called it. As they moved the Sunny, Chopper heard the animals again, "She allowed access, we can relax and let them be", he didn't like to hear that, but it at least meant the ship was safe alone.

So how was it? This is mostly set up but I was pretty sure you can't see what is in my head, so i spent a whole chapter getting here

I guess comment if you liked it so I know to actually continue publishing chapters.

Thanks!