Chapter 3

Your POV

'Why is he staring at me so much? Did I do something to offend him?' you thought as you showed them around town. There wasn't much to show so after pointing out a few landmarks you led them back to the tavern. 'He is still staring... his eyes feel like they are going to drill holes into me" You explained the "parent game" to them which erupts into questions and absolutely random guesses at your parentage and that of the others in the tavern. It had been a good few hours of being a hostess to the new visitors you were tired, so you decided to show them to the inn.

"ANN! COME DOWN YOU HAVE CUSTOMERS!" you yelled as you walked in

Tumbling down the stairs at break-neck speed came Ann, the proprietor of the inn. She was 12 years old and had short blonde hair. "WELCOME! How many rooms will you be needing?" she said as she slid behind the reception desk.

"Your inn-keeper is a child?" Zoro said.

"I passed all my tests and I keep this place in better shape than the last guy" she huffs while standing up on a chair to try and look menacing "so what's the problem my age?"

"Calm down. He is just confused because this wouldn't work outside of Homestead, Ann" you said with as straight a face as you could muster. It was always funny to see Ann try to intimidate men 3 times her size. "Get their rooms for them, I'm going to head home so I can get some work done"

"Okay, have a nice night _________!" Ann chirped while waving to you.

Finally, you could go home and get some rest. This wasn't really your favorite job, being the "mayor", you just knew someone had to be a better leader than the last guy. He had decided he was bored and stopped doing his job, instead he actively searched for a way to get off the island so he could go chase girls around. It has been 4 years since you started this job... You don't really have much to do when there aren't any visitors but you also don't get a ton of freedom. You have had to be the strongest fighter, smartest, best cook, caregiver, builder, mechanic, cleaner, and all without showing and struggle since you were 13. You were the youngest person to work as the leader here and you kind of understand why some of your predecessors left Waif Haven altogether. This job drains all your energy and it holds you captive, but it is so rewarding. So many of the kids look up to you as a role model. For a lot of them you are the closest they have to a mom. You are treated like a queen by everyone in town, the animals and the sea kings even respect your authority over this island.

You continue to think about your job as you draw a bath but your mind wanders 'that Luffy is more handsome in person, his wanted poster doesn't do him justi-WHATTHEHECKAMITHINKING!?!?!?!?' the sudden panic caused by your own thoughts make you slip and you hit the tile floor of your bathroom. "that's gonna hurt in the morning" you say out loud to the empty room.

While you are standing up you hear your special dendenmushi ring, so you clamor your way to its hiding place and answer, "Hey! Its unusual to get a call from you, it isn't even my birthday." You chuckle and listen for the response from your father on the other end.

"Awww come on, cut me some slack! If I called all the time you would have lost that "parent game" so many times" he joked "you would probably be out of house and home!"

"Sure, keep telling yourself that, so what's up?"

"I'm about to head over there to visit my greatest treasure!" his voice beamed "I decided it was pretty mean of me to visit my only daughter only once a year"

"When will you get here?" you asked

"Probably by tomorrow"

"WHAT!?!? No, the straw hats are here! If you come here, then I would lose the game! I haven't lost yet! Not even the others in town know you are my dad!" you yelled in a new-found panic.

You hear a hearty laugh from you dad "The tomorrow part was a lie, we haven't left yet, it will take a few days to get there without being noticed" he said through the laughter, "just calm down"

"That was mean! I aught to give you another scar for that!"

"You wouldn't hurt your old man, right?"

"You make it hard to resist"

"Either way I will see you in a couple of days, be good, don't hurt those Straw Hats even though they can be stupid"

"Yes sir!" you said in a chipper voice and you said goodbye and hung up. You sighed and began thinking, then it hit you.

"I LEFT THE BATH RUNNING!"

I promise this is going somewhere

I promise this is going somewhere. At least it is in my head.