Chapter 7

"Well, we should go back up before either of us are missed." you say, the air around you changing, "Usually I don't become unreachable unless I announce it beforehand", you stand, walk to the lever, and pull it. The gears come to life once again and the lights in the meeting room turn off, "After you, Robin", you say as you gesture to the ladder.

"Thank you", Robin says as she walks forward, "Whoever you father is, he must be very proud of the work you have done here", she says as she passes you to climb the ladder.

"Father? I never said anything about my father."

"During your detailed recounts you accidentally pulled your wig off your forehead a little, some baby hairs popped out" she stated bluntly as she ascended.

"Shit... So you know now" you said a little dejected.

"I said before, I wont tell Luffy" she paused and turned around at the top of the ladder to offer a hand to help you up, "The bet is between you two, and he wouldn't believe me if I told him."

You looked her dead in her soul, trying to read her mind to see if it was the truth, "No one else on this entire island, except the leader when I was brought here, knows. It feels weird for someone to have found me out."

"I never said his name. Since it isn't an official guess then you don't have to give me a prize. Or you can consider my prize the continuation of the bet with Luffy"

As the desk clicks back into place the denden-mushi on it rings.

"OH THANK GOD, WE NEED HELP AT THE TAVERN RIGHT NOW!!" A childs voice screamed, then hung up without giving anymore details.

"Shit! Gotta run, the tavern only calls in emergencies, otherwise they send a runner", you half yell as you open the window and hop out, "please dont steal anything from my house while I'm gone!"

Robin, while wanting to investigate your home, was curious about what was happening. She decided to close your window for you and go out the front door.

You ran at full speed to the tavern, relieved that if wasnt on fire or in pieces somehow, and burst through the door.

"What's going on!"

"________ you're here!", Mia yelled, her head barely visible through the service window. She went back down and continued to yell, "I don't know what happened, he just collapsed, Jake was cooking and just collapsed! He hit his head on the counter and he is bleeding! I had to put out a small fire too!"

You are now in the kitchen and you see the scene. Mia is holding Jake, his forehead is bleeding a lot, there is the stuff from a fire extinguisher on about half the kitchen, and there is what looks like it was going to be spaghetti flung all over.

"Get the doctor from town or the Strawhats!" You commanded one of the observers and they ran out. You have limited first aid knowledge, that should be added to the test for leadership. Your instincts say to try to stop the bleeding. You get one of the clean rags and walk to Mia. "Keep holding him still."

Soon after you get his head to stop bleeding both doctors arrive and take over. Following close behind are some more curious observers and the rest of the Strawhats. You and Mia both have blood from Jake on you. Your immediate instinct is to make sure Mia is okay. You know this is hard on her. Before you can comfort her Luffy butts in.

"Oi! ________, are you okay? You have blood on you."

You glared at him, angry that he ignored the situation and inserted himself where he was not needed. You turn to Mia and start checking on her. After a minute of silence she started crying. You hugged your friend and stroked her hair. "Its okay, you did a great job taking care of Jake and the tavern, everything will be alright."