Chapter 11

Standing in front of the captains you felt strange. This was a moment you never thought you would experience, leaving this island and openly saying Shanks in your father. As if he read your mind, Shanks pulled you into a hug, patting your red locks. He released the hug, "Is this where I say you are growing up to fast?" he jokes.

"Not sure" you shrug, "haven't had any father-daughter moments like this." laughing you add, "Don't be going soft on me, old man, I will put the wig right back on and say I'm a random nobody"

"Can't I have a nice moment without the sass?" he complains. He and his crew were back to arguing they 'weren't old' while others laughed.

"Nope. Now seems like a good time to go through a rebellious phase" again laughing, ignoring your fathers cries, and turning to your captain, "If you will excuse me, I have a festival to plan. I also need to prepare to test my replacement."

"What else do you have to do?" one of the business owners of the town asked.

"I need to organize and distribute the stock for the booths. Plus the arena needs cleaning up." you respond.

"We can help with distribution" he said, "Anyone that has their booth done tell me and I will get your supplies to you!" he yells to the crowd.

"I can help you with organizing the warehouse. I know you didn't get much done, I live right near the entrance and I barely saw you enter or exit." one of the ladies said.

"Oh, thanks guys" you said, "You don't have to though. This is one of the few times I have to do any work."

"But you are always doing all of the work" she said, "I'm 25, and since I was 21, I watched you organize and prepare the festivals alone. You wouldn't even listen when anyone offered help so we kind of gave up asking. We really don't want you to do all the work."

"Since we are taking your precious leader", Sanji chimes in.

"Let us help too", Franky and Ussop said together.

You looked at them, "you guys are still guests here I-"

"Nonsense, we have to show your family we will take care of you" Sanji insisted, "I will help with the food since the town is down a chef for the moment."

You couldn't argue with the logic. So you just smiled, "Thank you Sanji!"

His eyes turn to hearts and he wraps you in a hug and starts spinning around gushing about your cuteness and beauty or something [full Tamaki from Ouran style]. After a few rounds three fists land on Sanji, meeting his head in two places and his upper back. You are safely removed from his arms by Robin while the yelling begins. Not only are the sources of the fists; Shanks, Nami, and Luffy; yelling, so are some guys from the crowd.

"Don't touch my daughter!"   "don't touch our _______, you pervert!" "You are gonna scare the poor girl off!" "Stop it!" all leave their lips simultaneously.

The curly browed blonde didn't argue, probably only hearing Nami and Robin. You leave the scene so you can organize the organizers of the festival. Over the next couple of days you are able to focus on the festival. All the people that volunteered to help really are making the process easier, you didn't have to run around as much as  usual.

Franky and Ussop decided they would be taking the arena entirely off your hands. "Updating it" they said. It was a modest space because usually there weren't many causal observers, this year there would be more because of leadership testing. It was basically a soccer field sized area, It only had to be cleaned up, but they insisted on making it "better" and went to work. You don't really know what they are planning, you were shooed away when you tried to take a peek.

Sanji and Mia worked on the arrangement of food stalls. They would be scattered around anywhere there were activities but they had to decide what foods and desserts would be best for each area. Poor Mia had to deal with Sanji's constant flirting and noise level. Luckily Jake had been cleared to help with planning as long as he doesn't do any strenuous activities.

People would come to you and report or update you on things and you would keep track of all the moving parts. They might ask for advice on how to do things or where something would go, you would give them answers based on the information and feedback you had from the others. It was weird, but nice, to have so much free time leading up to the festival. You asked Zoro, Sanji, Brook, and some men from your dad's crew to help with testing. There were strength, agility, and mental tests specific to being the leader that you needed them for. It was going to take a lot less time if multiple people could be tested at once. Zoro and Sanji were helping with the strength tests, Brook was helping with agility, and your dad's crew was helping you with mental testing.

The day before the festival started Franky and Ussop finally let you see the improvements to the arena. Without speaking to you much they had made the place perfect for the tests. There was an outer area of general testing rooms that could be used all year round and for special testing. The rooms could be subdivided with collapsible walls or left more open. There were 10 rooms around the outside in total. They added seating in the middle area so people could watch the tournament section of leadership testing, there was more seating than people that live in Waif Haven.  The main area was nicely cleaned and the markings of the arena were restored. 

"How did you guys do all of this in just 6 days?" you asked.

"OW~ I can't reveal my SUUUUUPERRRR secrets!" Franky said.

Later Ussop explained that they didn't sleep much and got help from any builders in town as well as your dad's crew. There were some finesse pieces that weren't quite done but otherwise it was ready. That at least explains how they knew exactly what the town would need out of the structure, there were townspeople giving input.

As you walked home Nami and Robin met you and proposed a little slumber party. Yes, you would be living all together once you set sail but this way they can get to know you in a more comfortable way. It sounded good to get closer to them since the guys outnumber the ladies on the crew, plus you haven't had a proper sleep over before. This will be fun!

(TO BE CONTINUED)

A/N I didn't realize how long it had been since I typed up a chapter. sorry lol. I have up to chapter 15 already written by hand in a notebook so sometimes I forget that I should type it up for you.