Sugar • 1

Laliana (Lala) • Angelo

 •

Lala was at the local liquor store getting groceries to stocking up on food. She held the big brown paper bag in her arms, almost tripping over. Before she could open the door somebody opened it for her.

"Oh thank you, Sir" She smiled politely. Her smile dropped looking up at the 'kind' stranger. "Oh...Angel, it's you."

"Hey Lala, sounding proper as always. It's been a while, did you miss me?" Angel's spoke, his thick hispanic accent popping out

Angel smirked down at her standing in the doorway. She shifted awkwardly hearing his gang members hoot behind him. She adjusted the grocery bag in her hand feeling it slip from her fingers.

"You need help carrying that, Lala?"

"No, I'm fin-..." She tried to walk past him but he moved in front of her stopping her.

"Can you stop being a brat and give me the damn bag?"

His question sounded like a command, or a dare waiting to be tried. She sighed pushing her groceries towards him. He hissed playfully gripping the groceries with one hands.

"Lead the way." He said

Laladidn't say anything and just started walking. Angel was right on her tail watching her hips move side-to-side.

"I was waiting by your mom's crib and didn't see you. Should have known you your own place"

"So you were stalking me?"

"Lala, for years I have always been checking in on you and your family. It's just now starting to bother you?"

"Yeah, because I'm a grown ass woman now."