Human medicine • 2

Silas and Anita

•

Anita eyes were low and heavy but she still couldn't sleep. The beeping of the hospital monitor kept her awake. She looked at Silas wondering she could keep reliving this situation.

His white skin was paler than it had ever been. His wrist were wrapped and bandaged tightly. Cords and wires were connecting to his body. Sadly...the sight wasn't new to Anita.

At first, Anita fell in love with Silas believing that 'all he needed was her'.
She genuinely believed she was helping him heal with his mental illness. Seconds thought and doubts began flooding in her mind.

Did he really need me for the right reasons, though?

Was I just a gullible person he used a mother figure?

"Miss Waters?" Anita whipped her head up being pushed out of her thoughts. It was the doctor, "How are you doing?"

"I'm fine." The doctors question came in one ear and out of the other. Nita had bags under her eyes clearly getting no sleep, "W-what about Sil-....?"

"Silas is fine. What I am more worried about is you." The doctor lady said

"W...What?"

Nita had a confused look on her face blinded by love.

"Miss Waters." The doctor took a seat next to her with a concerned look. "You seem like a very promising young woman and Silas needs professional help. I get that you love him but... do you need him as much as he needs you?"

"But..." Anita felt the nurse grab her hand comfortingly. She stared into space letting the realization sink in. She gripped the nurses hands back feeling her face beat up. Hot tears began to fall from her face. "You're right.