1.8|| Read-Through

━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━

Today was the day of the read-through. Jess wasn't going to lie saying that she wasn't nervous, she was meeting the whole cast... that's nerve-racking!!

"Jess! You need to get up or you're going to be late!" Charlie yelled from downstairs

"i'm getting up!" Jess yelled from her bed, she hated getting up in the morning, she just wanted to snuggle in her bed forever.

Josh was picking her up to go to set and jess didn't want to say no, so here we are now. She got out of bed and changed into leggings and a star wars t-shirt, not really trying to impress the cast that much. Jess just wanted to be herself.

She walked downstairs grabbing her vans and sitting on the stairs to slip them on. As she walked towards the kitchen she heard muffled talking.

"good morning jess" surprisingly josh was in her kitchen talking to her mom about who knows what.

"good morning?" jess was wondering what he was doing inside her house. So instead of asking she just hopped up on the counter that was in front of josh.

"sorry, i got here while you were still sleeping and i ended up talking to your mom during that whole time. I hope you don't mind." he looked at charlie, she smiled then walked out of the kitchen.

"oh no, no it's ok, um so you heard me um, scream from my bed?" she tucked her hair behind her hair and looked down because she was embarrassed

"yeah, that was funny. You're not a morning person i'm guessing?" he walked closer to her

"definitely not a morning person." shaking her head and smiling

"ok so enough talking we're going to be late so get on my back and let's go!" he turned around between her legs and she put her hands around his neck, then her legs around his waist. He walked off and she slipped off the counter.

"Bye mom, love you!" Jess yelled from the door and josh opened it and walked out and closed it behind him before jess got a response from her mom. He carried her to the passenger side and dropped her and opened the door for her.

"What a gentleman Mr.bassett." she giggled and got into the car and they drove off towards set.

As they walked into the room where everyone was sitting in chairs around an oval table and their nameplates in fount of them. Jess walked around and finally found her seat at sat at Sammy Mars. Josh was across the table from her in Ricky's seat.

They all went around and introduced who they were are their characters. Reading lines was normal until jess couldn't help but feel a pair of eyes on her. Jess looked up and saw and saw his brown eyes gazing into hers. It was josh and jess rolled her eyes and eyed him from his scrip back to him as a way of saying 'pay attention'. He noticed and looked back down with a small grin showing up on his face.