𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐋𝐄𝐘.

The feeling of your arms around Stanley's waist gave him a mixture of uncertainty and warmth.

This was the very first time the two of you had ever met, but just by the look in your eyes, Stan could tell there was something peculiarly different about you. Now--it definitely had something to do with your astonishingly good looks--but beyond that, your quiet and timid nature gave him something to relate to. You see - Stan's never really had much luck with girls in his department. Whether it be because he simply wasn't 'cool enough' to be their friend or he was just plain shy, there was always that little thing that held him back. Maybe it was fear. Maybe it was..well, whatever it was, it certainly wasn't here with him right now. Somehow, despite barely knowing you, he felt as if he could relate to you more than any of the losers themselves.

And he felt that way simply because of the grip you had on his waist.

You weren't scared to talk to him. You didn't know of his reputation in school. You weren't reluctant to put your hands around him.

Maybe that was why it was different.

But, thinking more about it, because, he's like that - a person who overthinks even the slightest things - he contemplated how all of that might change when you join school and find out he's not as normal as he should be.

Maybe you were going to be just as bad as all of the girls he's pursued before. Well, that's not really saying much, but Stan still couldn't help the thought that as soon as you learn of his--the whole group's--loser reputation, you'd abandon them for someone cooler. Better.

"Hey, Stan! Are you listening?"

Richie's voice from afar snapped him out of his daze.

"Uhh..yeah, go on." He mumbled, turning his gaze from the road in front of him to the tall boy in the Hawaiian shirt. 

"I was just telling everyone about how lucky you are to have such a pretty girl riding your bike."

Stan perked up and, once again, noticed the grip you had on his waist. Eddie snickered from behind Stan as he watched the troubled boy struggle to not lose his shit, right then and there. Feeling his face heat up, his eyes darted from her soft hands to Richie's smug expression.

"Don't be an idiot, Rich..we all know you're just trying to show off." Stanley finally said, making Richie question whether he had really bothered Stan at all. Everyone around him erupted in laughter and he faked a nervous laugh as he muttered the words 'ohh..sick burn..' under his breath in an attempt to throw off the fact that he was dying on the inside.

Letting out a giggle, you let your arms relax around Stanley's waist, subtly congratulating him on his short battle with Richie.

God, was your laugh unique.

It was both very quiet and super telling of how you felt, all at the same time. Feeling your breath on his back as you finally stopped giggling, Stan stiffened.

He really had one of the prettiest girls he had ever seen on the back of his bike, burying her face in his shirt as he struggled to contain himself.

Okay, I'm now pretty sure it was clear that he was attracted to you. 

But he still couldn't get the lingering feeling out of his head..the feeling that as soon as you learn of his reputation, you'll become someone as bad as Greta, or..someone else terrible. You'll end up bullying him. You'll end up being exactly what he hoped you weren't. You'll--

Ugh, cut it out, Stan! You barely even know her! You're getting your hopes up for nothing, just you wait..she's gonna turn out even worse than you imagined.

Just you wait.

"Hey, umm..Stanley.."

Your soft voice made his heart skip a beat.

"Y-Yeah..?"

"You don't mind if I call you Stan, do you? It's just that..everyone else is calling you that, and.." Chills went up his spine as you adjusted your grip on his waist and quietly spoke to him in a way that could get any boy flustered. 

"No, no--you can call me Stan, it's no biggie..I'd actually prefer if you called me that anyways." He said, trying a little too hard to make sure he wouldn't stutter.

"Oh, okay."

And then there was silence.

I mean, it wasn't a bad silence - it was actually a sort of comforting one that let the two of them know that everything was all fine and that they were comfortable. It was a good silence. One that Stanley would've liked to have lasted a little longer, if it weren't for Beverly and Bill having their own separate conversation as they cruised the streets. It wasn't too hard for you to hear what they were saying, but their little chat still seemed a bit faint. So, resting your head comfortably on Stan's shoulder, you let your mind drift off and listened in on Bev and Bill. His stomach was filled with butterflies as he felt your soft breaths on his cheek. oHmyGoD.

"How long do we have left until we get there, Bill?" Beverly said.

"N-Not much longer. From what I know, we can..t-t-take a shortcut just around here and we'll...b-be there in no time."

She hummed slightly, signifying that she understood.

And, just as you felt yourself drifting from reality to sleep, you heard Richie and Eddie bickering behind you.

"Richie, that's actually disgusting!" Eddie squealed, keeping his distance from the Trashmouth.

"You just can't handle the truth!--"

"Rich, you did NOT  fuck my mom!!"

Richie erupted in laughter as Eddie became increasingly more angry by the second. You hear Stanley sigh, and you take this as an opportunity to speak.

"Are they always like that..?" You say, half-joking. Scoffing, Stan rolls his eyes.

"That's a silly question. The question should be 'why are they always like that'. Because, surprise, they never stop fighting. Like, ever." His sarcastic attitude gives you the giggles and you chuckle softly again, this time a little louder. He smiles lightly at your grin, feeling accomplished with himself for making such a pretty girl laugh. And, to be honest, he was even a little surprised at himself - because most girls don't even understand that half of the time, he's just being sarcastic and witty. His sense of humour is one that girls can barely understand, full of random, and sometimes cold-hearted comments. The fact that he, Stan-the-man Uris, could even get a giggle, a genuine, heartfelt giggle out of this girl made his heart skip a beat.

"G-Guys, take a left - there's a nice spot up at the q-quarry I found that we can all hang out a-at!"

Everyone follows Bill's orders and take a left, silently following his bike to wherever their destination was. Seeing the terrain go from town-like buildings, to a small forest and then to a slightly unfamiliar spot at the quarry, the losers take it as a cue to park their bikes and look around at the lovely spot. Feeling the bike come to a stop, you flutter your eyes open and look up at Stanley, who is staring down at you with a sense of adoration in his eyes.

"We're here.." he mutters, and you lift your head.

"Oh, okay. Thanks for giving me a ride, Stan."

He nods wildly at your words and watches as you hop off the bike and rub your eyes.

"No problem.." He says, looking at you once again with uncertainty. You catch him staring, and you flash him a small and quirky grin before going to find Beverly.

She's amazing..