𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐌𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐒 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐀 𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐎𝐎

When all the food was finished, the two of you ended up leaving the diner and going for a walk as noon hit. You didn't know where you were headed, but Richie somehow did. He took you down the road and made stupid little jokes about the houses and the stores. They were silly, but they were funny. And every now and then, he'd make a dirty joke or hit on you jokingly and you'd laugh and laugh until your stomach started to hurt. When you reached what seemed to be a small park with a few benches, you both took a seat at one and stared up at the sky. The sun was on the verge of setting, and the sky was beginning to get a tiny tad orange. It was the brink of the evening.

When you looked down towards Richie, he cleared his throat.

"I, uhh...I enjoyed today." He said, adjusting his glasses. You smiled at him in return.

"Me too. Thanks for helping me."

Richie didn't reply, but he did nod his head. Then, you turned your gaze to the lightly swaying trees around you, and admired the nice view. It was..pretty.

You didn't know why, but you felt like something was supposed to happen. Maybe something surprising. Anything, really.

But nothing did.

The quiet sounds of the wind and the birds chirping was all you could hear, besides Richie's soft breaths. The birds made you think about birdwatching. 

Am I forgetting something?

"So, (Y/n).." Richie suddenly spoke up, and your thoughts were interrupted. "Are you gonna join the Losers club for real?"

"..What do you mean?"

"Like, are you gonna hang out with us and stuff?"

You thought about it for a moment. Weren't you already in the club?

"I thought I was already in." You said, and Richie's mouth hung slightly agape, searching for the next thing to say.

"Well, uhh, I mean, when you start school, I thought you might want to change your mind."

"Why would I change my mind?"

Richie fumbled with his words, as if he were struggling to get to the point.

"Well--I mean--I dunno, we're not exactly the most popular group in school.."

"That doesn't matter." You said, smiling. Richie looked away from your smile for a moment, but you didn't know why. He seemed to be struggling to speak, like he was almost flustered, but was trying to hide it.

"Okay--w-what I'm trying to say is, (Y/n), if you join the losers--you'll be a loser, too."

When he finished his sentence, you couldn't help but laugh a little. Richie looked at you with a confused glare and you shook your head, keeping a small smile on your face.

"You say that like it matters." You said, and suddenly Richie felt relieved. Honestly, he thought you would've bailed on him, right then and there. "Rich, I like hanging out with you guys." 

She called me Rich. 

He had gotten to know you a bit throughout the day, and he felt like you seemed too good to be true. Everything about you - your looks, the way you'd laugh at his jokes, your goofy smile, it was all too perfect. He thought that when you'd join school soon you'd go off and join Greta and her group of bitches, because you were just too pretty to be hanging out with him and the Losers. You were nothing like them. There was nothing wrong with you. No trauma. Your mother was okay, you had told him that your father was alive and well, and you just seemed..great. So, to hear that you not only didn't care about popularity but didn't care to become a loser, it made him happy to know he'd be able to hang out with you all the time.

But then, he thought about something else. A supposed competition.

Back at the quarry, everyone had wondered why it was taking you and Stan so long to get down.  He wasn't sure if everyone else saw, but he noticed that when you jumped you jumped with Stan. And to make things worse you were holding his hand. He wasn't too fazed by it back then, but he wondered if it still meant something now. You weren't dating Stanley, but who's to say you weren't interested in him? What if he didn't have a chance at all?

Richie liked you, but Stan probably did too. Or maybe you liked Stan. I don't know. It's confusing.

"You know, (Y/n).." He said, and you looked up at him. "I think Stan likes you." He blurted those words out blatantly, trying to hide the fact he wanted you to dismiss him and reassure him. It took you a moment to respond, and he got worried for a moment - but when he looked towards you, you were staring back at him.

"Why would Stan--"

'Can we meet at the diner this evening?'

"Oh my god, Stan!" You suddenly yelled, jumping upwards and disturbing the peace. Richie sat up in his seat.

"What about Stan?" He asked, nervously.

"I was supposed to meet up with Stan at the diner like an hour ago!"

You paced around the area, mumbling little 'oh god's and other anxious words. Richie took his time to stand up and tilted his head, watching you pinch your nose.

"I need to go. This was fun, bye..!" You said, and you began to head for the crosswalk, but Richie grabbed your arm.

"Hold on, it's nearly dark. I'll come with you."

"Okay, but can we get there quick?"

-

You ran for at least 15 minutes around the already getting dark town. Richie ended up having to show you your way to the diner, which took another 5 minutes. When you saw the diner just a few miles down, you began to race for the entrance.

"(Y/n), slow down!" Richie said, trying to catch up to you.

"I told Stan I'd meet him here tonight! What if I kept him waiting? What if he thinks I stood him up?"

"What do you mean 'stood him up'?! Is this a date?"

You were silent for a moment, and mentally facepalmed yourself as you felt your face get hot.

"N--No, I just--I don't want it to seem like I---like I didn't care, you know?"

Richie sighed, already feeling a little jealous. But he kept up the happy act, still trying to convince himself you were just being kind to Stan.

"Jeez, you sound like Bill. Don't worry, I get it." He said.

And then, you finally reached the diner.

You looked through the windows to try and see Stan, hoping he'd still be there.

But after a minute of looking, you realised he wasn't. And when you turned towards Richie with a sad frown, he knew what you meant.

"..Shit."

((OKAYYY QUICK THING I KNOW RICHIE IS GAY BUT FOR THE SAKE OF THIS STORY HE'S GOING TO BE AT LEAST BISEXUAL,, PLS DON'T HURT ME BECAUSE REDDIE ISN'T CANON (yeT?) IN THIS STORY))