𝐂𝐀𝐍'𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐊 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

Stan was laying on the floor when you called him at the payphone.

He was on the concrete pavement in an alley with his bike by his side, clinging onto his hurt and  winded chest. He coughed a little, and the sound was almost metallic, which made him uncomfortable. He wanted to get up and start running again, but he was far too tired to be doing any of that. Wincing, he attempted to try and get to his bike. 

But he couldn't, because of what Henry had done to him. It hurt far too much.

He was walking with his bike down the street when he saw an enraged teenager coming his way in the distance. It was evening, and he was on his way to meet with the girl he was deeply attracted to at the diner just a block or so down the road. All he could think about was her pretty face and the way she would make his insides melt just by smiling. But when Henry Bowers made an aggressive grunt and Stan turned his head, he knew he was in trouble.

He saw the furious boy with bruises and cuts charging at him with even more speed than the last time he had seen him. There was a newfound craziness in those eyes of his, and it meant one thing.

Henry wanted revenge.

Stan hopped onto his bike immediately and began to pedal on instinct. He started to speed his way down the sidewalk and just briefly managed to avoid any people who were in his way by skimming past them. He knew his bike was fast, but he also knew Henry was faster.

He was beginning to get tired, and Bowers' footsteps were becoming louder and louder as Stan began to slow down. By now he had gone past the diner and past his home, going even further into the town to see if he could finally rid of the furious teenager with scary eyes and a threatening glare. But each time he turned to look back, he could only see the boy getting closer and closer.

Eventually he found himself in the alleyway where he had beaten the living daylights out of Henry before and was caught off guard. He remembered the event and found himself distracted in his memories, thinking about (Y/n) (L/n)'s pretty face and how she still managed to forgive him after doing what he had done. His bike skidded on the pavement at just the wrong time and just like that he was on the ground, face first and for sure a graze on his elbow. He heard the teenager behind him slow down and pant, finally catching his breath, and that was when he realised he was totally and utterly fucked.

The next thing he remembered was Henry Bowers' twisted laugh and then a punch to the face.

Things got worse from there. Way, way worse.

-

It took a while for you to fall asleep in the pitch black darkness that night. The only thing you could hear was your muffled sobs that you hid in the pillow on your couch as you tried to calm yourself down. Eventually it worked, but when you woke up and you were greeted by a chilly day and barely any sun your thoughts became the best of you and things got bad again.

You sat up from your couch feeling the dry tears on your face and a sinking feeling in your gut. You looked around, only to find what had been left in the aftermath of the night. As you continued to look around the room you slowly came back to the realisation that your mother still was not home after storming off and that she had left and not come back.

Your eyes began to well up with tears as you pondered on what to do. You didn't want to tell Beverly what was happening because you knew if you began to talk to her you'd end up mentioning what you knew about her mother, and you couldn't call your mother because your mother was the reason you were crying in the first place. You paced back and fourth around your kitchen with a sniffle or two as you tried to stop the endless tears pouring out of your eyes. You felt the inside of your pocket and a piece of paper hit the tips of your fingers, and you pulled it out and placed it on the table. Carefully you brought the paper to your telephone and sighed as you picked up the phone with shaky hands. With tear clouded eyes you dialled Stan's number, hoping to god he'd pick up.