𝐑𝐈𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐄'𝐒 𝐀 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐀𝐍

The mood was a little lighter after that.

The two of you ordered some fries and a milkshake, not really wanting to eat much - but nonetheless, you enjoyed it anyway. You didn't bring any money, so Richie had to pay. You felt bad about it and asked to pay him back when you got the chance - but Richie insisted that he payed. He wasn't exactly the richest of the rich, but he was able to afford at least some food. So that was good. However, the mood from before was lingering a little - and Richie seemed to notice you weren't very happy still. So, he did what he knew he could do best, and cracked some jokes and funny stories.

"Wait wait wait, so what happened?" You said, giggling a little, and taking a small sip of your milkshake.

"I told him to go blow his dad." Richie sat up in his seat holding back a goofy smile as he watched you crack up. Normally, people would think his jokes and stories were stupid or annoying. But you were different. You laughed, genuinely laughed - and it made him feel all happy inside. Watching you get the last of your giggles out, he prepared to tell the next part of the story.

"And you, Richie Tozier, said that to Henry Bowers?" You said, holding your chest from laughing just a little too much. While you were talking, you learned eachother's last names. In fact, you had learned everybody's last names. 

"I called him a mullet-wearing-asshole, too." Richie tried to fight the large smile growing on his face, but your contagious laugh broke him and the two of you began to crack up on the spot. It wasn't too loud, nor was it too quiet, but it was just the right moment to be laughing so genuinely at such an odd story. All of your worries in that moment seemed to have vanished, and suddenly the clown wasn't on your mind anymore. Richie was doing a good job helping, and you'd be sure to thank him for that later.

"There's no way that happened. Bowers is so scary! I'd never be able to do that." You finally got the last of your giggles out and took a fry to eat it. Richie smirked, taking this as an opportunity to do one of his amazing voices. He pushed up his glasses and stared right at you.

"I guess I'm just a tad too brave, eh?" He imitated the voice of a 50's radio show host, (quite poorly), and you looked up at him, just now shoving a fry into your mouth. It only took a moment for you to start cracking up again, and Richie smiled, feeling accomplished with himself. 

And then, when things quieted down again, Richie began to think to himself. He wondered how you knew Bowers was scary. Sure, you could've heard it from the others, but would it be a bit judgemental to say it without ever meeting him? 

In the end, Richie decided to ask.

"Wait, so, like, how do you know Bowers is scary?" He said, and it took you a moment to respond. The light mood wasn't gone, but something about the question must've disturbed you just a little.

"..He kinda attacked Stan and I when we were birdwatching." You said, looking out the window. The thought of the incident made you think of Stan, and you wondered if he got to the bike safely. Then, you were reminded about what you'd be doing this evening. Stan asked to meet you at the diner, and it was almost evening now. Hopefully he'd be there in about an hour or so.

"Wait, what? Actually? How did that happen?" Richie's face was a little serious and honestly very confused. Why were you out with Stan? How come you weren't hurt?

"He was just being creepy and Stan tried to defend me. Then I pushed him over, and we started running, I guess."

You began to think back to the memory. You remembered how scared the two of you were in the moment, and how nothing else mattered but getting away from the insane teen.

"..And then, he started chasing us."

You remembered the look on Stan's face when Bowers caught up to you. And you remembered how different his eyes looked when Henry started to make you cry.

"When he caught up to us, I thought it would be over, but.."

Then, you remembered what Stanley did to Henry. You remembered how different Stan acted in that situation, like he wasn't even himself. And when you pulled him away, his eyes were normal again.

It was almost as if something had taken over, if that made sense.

"Stan ended up helping us get away before Bowers could hurt me."

You decided not to tell Richie that Stanley basically beat the shit out of Henry. If you told him that, he probably would've gone ballistic, or something.

"Holy shit! And that happened yesterday? Like, after I said bye to you and you went to Stan's bike yesterday?"

"Yeah." Richie's mouth was agape as you sat back in your seat. He didn't really know what to say, but was curious about Stan.

"Wait, are you and Stan, like, dating?" He asked, hoping to god you'd say no.

His sudden question caught you off guard and you felt your face get warm. 

Dating!? Me!? Stan!?

"Wh--No! We're..we're not dating." You replied, clearly flustered. Crossing your arms, you made a scoffing noise.

Dating..

You had to admit, the idea couldn't get out of your head. What if you did start dating? It's not like he likes you, though, right? I mean, he's really nice, and caring, and sweet..

"Oh, okay." Richie said, reassuring himself in his mind.

And then, things went back to normal.