[Chapter 10: Hunted]

"She's quite sweet, isn't she? A sweet, sleeping songbird..." You barely paid any attention to the Psycho's words - trembling at the sight of your own unconscious, sleeping body.

"How...Why...When did you...?"

"Do you think she has any idea what lies ahead? Do you think these were the last happy moments of her life?" He creepily asked, his spooky questions freaking you out.

"Why are you showing this to me...?" Tears dripped from your eyes, not being able to take anymore of this emotional abuse.

"Why are you watching?"

"Now I'm going to give you ten seconds...Ten, nine~" The Psycho started to count in a petrifying tone of voice, causing you to cry out and back away towards one of the doors.

"No no nonono..." You shrieked and seized the side of your head with both hands; not knowing how to handle the situation.

"Eight. Seven." He continued in the same amused voice, making you grow even more alarmed. Shit. Shit. Shit!

"Please no..." You weakly pleaded, screaming when the Psycho bursted into the room.

"(Y/n)."
"No...no!"
"(Y~n)~?"

"Stay away from me!" You hissed hysterically - throwing a vase at the masked male and seeing it smash against his arm.

Then you ran out of the other cinema room door and into the Guest Room instead, choosing to hide under the bed and stay still when he entered said room. But once he found you and laughed, he curled his hand around your ankle and made you release a scream of immense terror. Thinking fast, you gripped the bed leg and managed to escape his grasp by kicking him - rolling out from under the bed and leaving the Guest Room as quick as humanely possible. After that you hurried down the hallway and entered the basement, not knowing if that was the right thing to do in a horrifying chase like this.

Running into the cellar, you hid behind a pillar and stiffened up - standing like a statue as you held your breath. "(Y/n)? Why are you hiding? You know you can't hide from me."

"(Y~n)~?" The Psycho purred your name psychotically, "Why prolong the inevitable?"

Spotting a random baseball bat, you slammed it against the Psycho's shoulder and exited said basement, panicking even more as your thoughts ran wild. "Why kid yourself into thinking you can get away? Don't you know I can smell your fear, (Y/n)~?"

What the fuck were you supposed to do now!? Soft sobs slipped through your lips whilst you decided to enter the kitchen, ducking underneath/behind the countertop and placing a hand over your mouth. "Here little kitty kitty~" You closed your eyes at the sound of his wicked voice; his precise footsteps causing you to tense up even more than before.

"Found you." The Psycho grabbed your waist from behind and yanked you away from said counter, another cry escaping your mouth as you wiggled against his hold. "So sorry."

You stomped on his foot and broke free; sprinting towards the library and wondering where the hell to hide now. "Was the sweet little songbird unhappy in the Guest Room?" He glanced around whilst you hid behind one of the tall shelves, unable to remain calm.

Trying to stay still a second time, you held your breath and forced yourself to be silent, shuddering when you heard his devious tone. N-No...No, please...

"Gotcha." You yelped when the Psycho dragged you into his chest - trying to once again struggle out of his clutches frantically.

"No! Let~me~go~!" You tearfully yelled, feeling tremendously faint after he forced you to be knocked out via some sort of drug.

You didn't know how long for, but eventually you came to your senses and regained your consciousness; lying on the floor of someone's bedroom while you slowly woke up. Josh's room. You...You were in Josh's room. Why though...? Why would the Psycho place you in Josh's bedroom? It didn't make any sense. Out of nowhere, you heard a violent scream and sat up as quickly as you could, anxiety clouding your thoughts. Ashley? That...That sounded like Ashley. Trying to climb to your feet, you did your best to stand up - collapsing back down a few moments later whilst you felt too weak to follow said scream.

"Please!"
"I can't! I can't decide!"

Ashley and Chris's ear-piercing shouts made their way upstairs; causing you to grit your teeth and struggle to your feet by using the side of the bed to support yourself. "A-Ashley...? C-Chris...?" You knew calling their names was a lost cause, but you decided to attempt it anyway - longing to know if they were okay.

Clinging to the stairway railing, you descended down the stairs and bumped into Mike and Sam, surprised by their presence. "Mike? Sam? Where the hell have you guys been?" You exclaimed unhappily.

"Nice to see you too." Mike shot you a shaky smile, holding one hand up as a feeble wave.

"You look like hell." Sam chipped into the conversation - throwing you a concern look and giving you a gentle hug. "I mean, jeez."

"Yeah, well, I just got attacked and knocked out by a complete and utter Psycho." You shook your head and spoke with a slight bit of sarcasm, "So excuse me if fighting off killer maniacs doesn't do my looks any favours."

"I get what you mean." Sam quietly replied, "But c'mon, right now we need to find Ash and Chris. Mike and I heard them over here."

"I did as well." You dipped your head as a nod and followed them both towards a room - waiting for Mike to force open the door. After he'd done so, the three of you hurried inside; seeing Ashley and Chris restrained in two separate chairs.

They were sitting opposite each other with a table in front of them - Ash looking more and more agitated because of the Psycho approaching the two of them. "Noo! No no no! Get away!!!!"

"Stop it!" You called at the crazed maniac in a high-pitched voice, "Why can't you just leave us alone!? What did we ever do to you!?"

The Psycho turned to face you and tilted his head to the side a tiny bit, not having time to respond due to Chris shooting him three times. Your eyes widened to the side of saucers; stunned by Chris's sudden act of violence. Did... Did he just... Did he just kill him...? Strangely enough however, the Psycho didn't react in a painful manner at all - the male merely staring down at his chest to find nothing. No bullets, no shots, no injuries. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. How... How did he survive that...? Was this guy wearing a bullet-proof vest or something...? You didn't have a clue. Nope. Not a clue.

"Oh Chris..." The Psycho chuckled casually, shaking his head instead of you this time. "Oh, Chris, Chris, Chris, Chris."

"W-What the fuck?!" Chris shot at him one more time before looking down at the gun with unbelievable bewilderment.

"Oh you've heard of blanks before." The Psycho taunted in a teasing tone, "I mean really?" And after mocking the male in front of him, he took off his mask - revealing his real identity.

And his real identity shocked you to your very core. Why? Because...Because—