[Chapter 12: Restrained]

"It's so you can't do anything stupid before we call the police in the morning." Mike explained sternly, the three of them stepping onto the snow-filled path.

"Wait!" You pleadingly begged, following behind and trying to pacify what exactly was going down. "Chris! Mike! This is insane! We don't have any proof that he—"

"Come ON! I didn't DO ANYTHING-" Josh complained over you noisily, sounding frantic as he tried to squirm out of their grasp.

"Are you serious, bro?" Chris stared him down with an incredulous gaze while you bit your lip, wondering how and even if you should stop this scene from unfolding.

"You're a goddamned murderer is what you are." Mike didn't loosen his hold on his former friend a bit, still carrying Josh down the trail and intending to take him further away.

"I didn't do it, Michael please! Just listen to me, man! I did not hurt Jessica-" Josh tried to defend himself but the two other boys wouldn't listen - just tugging Josh's body towards the snow-covered shed.

"Stop talking." Mike growled with hatred, shoving him headfirst into said shed and feeling his friendly feelings towards Josh disintegrate with every passing minute.

"It's not my fault you suckers can't take a joke!" Josh argued against the two - making Mike release a laugh of disbelief.

"Oh, oh wait, did I hurt you? Did you just feel a little...a little bit of pain? Right now I am SO...SO...SORRY." He scoffed scornfully, purposely elbowing him in the face to hurt him.

"Mike, stop!" You pleaded as Josh yelled out in pain, "We don't have any physical proof that he actually hurt anyone! We don't!"

"Stop it..." Josh groaned tiredly, "Stop...Michael...I'm sorry...Man...I can't tell you how sorry I am that something happened to Jessica - but I swear, I swear to you that I have no idea what happened to her..."

"Are you joking?" Mike clenched his fists up and grew angry again, "I saw what he did to her. With my own eyes. This...This...This is her blood."

"I-I'm just having a really hard time figuring out he would, like, do anything to hurt Jess—" Chris became hesitant - like you - while the two of them tied the mentally-unstable boy up.

"It's not right...nope...This is not how it's supposed to go down...! You're just a bunch of bullies... You can't hang out a guy just to dry like this, guys— Not like... Not like you got the guts to really do anything about it anyways!" Josh's next retort caused both of them to grow riled up; you deciding to hurriedly step in and calm the situation down.

"Everyone calm down." You ordered as frankly as possible, standing in front of the tied-up Josh and flinging your arms out. "First off, fighting like this is going to get us nowhere. Secondly, you can tell he's not exactly sane."

"Not exactly sane? That's an understatement." Mike disgustedly snorted.

"Yeah, he's the biggest coward there is-"

"Uh huh? I DID something— I MADE you believe in the world I created and I showed you parts of yourself you were too afraid to visit—" Josh cut off Chris proudly, his green eyes alight with happy insanity.

"Josh..." You timidly trailed off, shifting from foot-to-foot. "You...You manipulated us...You tricked us, and you hurt your friends."

"And you did it all while you hid in the shadows." Chris added with a dark glare, "You're a coward Josh, that's all you are."

"Oh...that's...that's...I mean, I don't even know what you mean, because I don't have anything to regret." Josh retaliated.