[Chapter 14: Stranger Danger]

"There was Beth's head!"

"Wait, what!?" Josh retaliated with wide eyes, the mentally-insane brother not being able to believe his ears. "Are you serious!?"

"YES, I'm serious!" Emily shouted at him in frustration, stamping her foot like a child would. "I can't make this shit up!"

"What the fuck?" You mumbled miserably, hugging your knees even tighter than before. "I can't believe it. I just...can't. Oh my god..."

"I think...I think they fell down there. But the worst part is that I don't think Hannah died, like, from the fall, not right away..." Emily wiped more tears from her eyes and sniffed - now extremely upset.

"What? What do you mean!?" Mike joined the conversation firmly, his face one of misery. "How could she—?"

"I don't know...I feel like she was down there...like, starving to death...for weeks...when we were all up here looking for her...we had no idea!" Em dissolved into more tears and so did you, the two of you unable to hold back your sobs by this point.

"Jesus, that's absolutely horrible." Mike sighed in disgust, shaking his head as he struggled to contain how he felt.

"Did you find anything else? C'mon, Em." Josh begged desperately, clearly hoping to hear more news about either sister. "Don't leave a guy hangin' in the dark."

Before she could open her mouth and answer, a bang sounded on the door and made all four of you jump; not expecting such a violent noise to go down. "Who the hell—?"

"Whoever that was, wasn't invited." Mike cut you off defensively, grabbing the gun once more as he approached the shed door.

"I've got your back." You quickly told him, throwing him a warm nod and earning a grateful smile in response.

"Same here." Em chipped in fiercely.

"Wait, (Y/n)—!" Josh's sudden cry caused you to stop for a second - not expecting him to call your name. "Don't! Just...Just don't!"

"You don't need to worry about me." You flashed him a friendly smile and moved towards the door, opening it a few moments later. "See? There's nothing to—"

You didn't even get to finish; someone shoving past you and sending you flying to the floor. "Shit! Shit! Mike!" Emily panicked, freaking out like before. "Do something!"

"Ah! Ho-Hold on there! Hold on there, mister." Mike aimed the gun at the uninvited stranger and went to shoot - only for the stranger to snatch the gun away from him. "Freeze—Ahh! What the—Alright, alright, just take it easy grandpa—"

"Ok. Everybody just calm down." The random person demanded, pushing past you all and dropping the gun as a sign of trust. "Now just move over there. Go on, move! Let me say what I came to say. I'm here to tell you what you're up against being back on this mountain."

"You should never have returned. I don't know why you did after what happened last year." He dropped his bag next to the shed's door and shook his head, rolling his eyes straight afterwards.

"You mean with Hannah and Beth?" You spoke suspiciously, standing in front of Josh to protect him. "But how could you even know without being involved—"