Chapter one

Last edit date: January 31, 2021
(Changed some parts, some events and some information)

I sigh as I sit boredly  in math class. x + 2 = 3x+ Y, blah blah blah. It's a whole bunch of I don't care. Oh wait! I got an equation I can solve! Math plus me divided by boredom equals a whole bunch of I don't care. I mentally laugh at myself. So true!

Honestly I don't get half of the math they teach here. Henry tries to help me. But he's almost as clueless as me sometimes! They apparently taught math differently back when he was in school. 

As I space out my mind goes back to my father. 

Everyone says he's dead but I just can't accept that. I may have never met him but I know he's not dead. It's a gut feeling I guess but I feel like he's out there somewhere but he's trapped and can't come back home. Little did she know how right she was....

I'm seventeen now. I live with Henry Stein. He refuses to talk about my father a lot. He tells me things now and then but that's about it. I know my father owned an animation studio that crated my favorite cartoon; Bendy. 

I know his name, of course. I have pictures of him and my mother. My mother. She died not to long after giving birth to me. Henry told me she had a weak body. She was suffering from the flu. Henry said she had the flu bad and that he didn't know if I was going to survive long enough to be born. I came out backwards according to him.  

Apparently he was there during my birth. He's a good parent though. He's like a father to me. He never lied about it though. He let me know from a very young age about it. I'm thankful for that. He could have lied to me and told me he was my father. Sometimes I wish he had. I just miss them both so much even though I never met them. My mother may be gone but my father is not. So I'll never give up hope on looking for him. 

The bell finally rings and I go to lunch with my four closest friends, Jj, Jack, Carli and May. I sit down at the lunch table with them. We're not outcasts, but we're not popular. We're kinda in the middle. We don't want anything to do with being popular though. Least I don't. Personally I think all the attention is too much and overrated. 

I sit down and I pull my phone out, searching Joey Drew studio's directions. I know it's in this huge city somewhere but I don't know where. I look at it on google maps and I see it's actually on the outside of town just on the edge of the woods. Perfect. That means less people will see me!

Henry would be so mad if he knew I was thinking about going there! That place went abandoned five months before I was born(I know, I changed the 30 years to 17 years and 5 months. I probably did the math wrong too).  

But it's been nagging at me for years now. I've been wanting to go there and look for clues so bad. I respect Henry and his wish for me not to go there but it's starting to be the only thing on my mind! It's getting hard to focus on homework and paying attention in school! 

I guess I picked a good time to do this. This is the last day of school before it's Christmas break. oddly enough, there's no snow and it's not even that cold outside. Well, it's cold to me but to my friends it fine. I'm usually cold though

"Lydia!" Jj yells. I jump and half slam my phone against the table in surprise. 

"WHAT?!" I say in a startled voice. I look towards the sound of the voice and I relax. 

"God, I thought you'd never come back to Earth! I've been saying your name for five minutes now!" Jj exclaims. 

"Sorry," I say. Not the first time this has happened...