Chapter two

Last edit date: January 31, 2021
(Some thoughts, actions and events are changed)

(Sammy's Pov)

I heard it! A scream! A sheep! I must go and find it before it gets away! I quickly get my axe and run towards the scream. It doesn't take me long to find her; A beautiful young sheep!

She's stumbling around. I notice the broken wood on the floor around her with the light of a flashlight shining on the wall away from me. She fell though the floor. I carefully set my axe down and go one hallway over, grabbing a metal dust pan and I sneak back over to her.

Yes, my lord will be pleased! She turns around as if looking for something, only showing me her blonde hair(You can change the color)

I walk up behind her as she turns around and I hit her over the head with my dust pan. She falls to the floor. I look down at her and my chest hurts.

Her face! I know that face! I stumble backwards and fall to the floor in pain, dropping the dust pan. Her face. She looks so much like her...!

I gasp for air as I feel myself back in control once again after so many years. I look down at my inky hands. How is this possible? I look back at the poor girl laying on the ground. My guilt intensifies when I see flood on her face and hair. 

 She gave me back my control.... I take a deep breath of relief. I didn't want to hurt her too. If she really is her daughter then I'll protect her. I twitch as I get thoughts of the ink's control for a few seconds. 

The ink wants me to give her to it. Shaking my head I push any thought of that away. 

I pick up her body carefully and I bring her back to the sacrifice place. Why did I go here? 

I almost drop her as I feel my insane side, as I feel the ink trying to take control of me once again. No! I can't let that happen again!

"You want to be free right?" A voice in my head asks.

"Yes," I say. "Only the demon can set us free." But at this point I have so much doubt in it. I've given him many sheep now but nothing has worked. The ink, it believes so strongly in it. But do I? I personally hate the smiling cartoon freak. That smile, there's just something wrong about it!

"Tie her up. Give her to the lord! Look at her! Such a pretty one! He'll set us free for sure," the ink tells me. I shake my head. The craving to be free is so strong that I can't help but tie her to the pole. What am I doing?! I'm startled. No...The ink...it can't. I can't let it control me like that again! I might hurt her if I can't stop it!

I feel bad because of the dark bruise forming on her head. "Good, good. Now we just need to summon him! He will set us free!" I listen to the voice in my head rant on how worthless she is to us and how she'd be better off dead so we can be free.

I scoff and I look down at her and just now fully realize what I did. "Please forgive me," I say as I close my eyes and turn away, going to retrieve my axe. Perhaps it's best to tie her up so she doesn't freak out and run? Even to me it sounds like an excuse.

I go back to where I found her to get the dust pan when I see a backpack and a sketchbook a few feet away from it. I pick up the flashlight and turn it off. 

I walk over to the sketchbook, open it. It's a picture of the cartoon freak himself. But its damn good. I look down at the name sighed at the bottom. Lydia

What do I do with you Lydia? I sigh behind my mask. As I pick up her backpack and zip it back up, I put her purple flashlight in the it as well.

I walk back to the lounge and put her stuff there. My mind is swarming about what to do with her; the voice won't shut up. One thing is for sure. I can't let it take control back.